A number of weed growers prefer to use the hydroponic system for the growth of their crops rather than other growing media. The reason for this is because the soilless system allows the grower to control the amount and the rate of nutrient supply the crops can take. Crops that grow hydroponically have a much better chance of accessing oxygen and nutrients directly into the roots than those growing under other media.
Hydroponic farming produces crops with high nutrient content and great quality. Compared to other crops, hydroponics also matures much faster. For weed farming, growers have different hydroponic growing system designs. One of the systems is ebb and flow hydroponics also known as flood and drain, while others are drip systems, deep water culture DWC, fertigation wick system and others.
Ebb and flow is popular among many of the hydroponic growers because of its ease of use, affordability and reliability. With the ebb and flow hydroponics system, the plants do not stay suspended in a nutrient and water solution permanently but intermittently. The plants grow in containers filled with course substrate to give support to the plants.
The good thing about ebb and flow is that there are numerous DIY options that help to save you a lot of costs. However for those that cannot get the extra time to make their own ebb and flow systems, they are in luck as there are many other options in the market. In this article, we give you a review of some of the best-selling ebb and flow systems and give you a buying guide on what to look for when buying your system.
Our Top Picks Ebb and Flow System
Viagrow Complete Ebb and Flow Hydroponics System
This particular 4 by 4 hydroponic system is a complete kit that comes with everything you need to start your ebb flow hydroponic growing.
The system can cater for 25 and more plants efficiently. The automated Viagrow system pumps and circulates nutrients, oxygen and water from the reservoir to the growing plants with ease. The product measures 54 by 54 by 48 inches and weighs about 111 pounds.
The whole package includes a flood and drain fitting kit, a submersible pump, 50 liter bag grow rocks, poly tubing, a 40 gallon reservoir, a flood tray 25-1 gallon nursery pots and a multi pin timer. The system does not come with a light system and nutrients. The easy to set up product is also affordable.
HydroFarm MGSYS Hydroponic MegaGarden Ebb and Flow System
Convenience when growing your hydroponic crops is very important if you want to harvest quality and high quantity yields. Using the HydroFarm MegaGarden ebb and flow system will give you all the convenience you need. The system caters for a garden with 22 by 22 by 10 inches measurements.
The system works by pumping nutrient solutions from the reservoir into the water tray which allows a uniform distribution to all the crops. It is easy to use even for first time growers. It is also fast and fun and if you use it correctly, you can be sure of harvesting yields that are five times more than the standard yields from the same garden size. The system measures 10 inches high and you can use it indoors or in greenhouses outdoors. It boasts of an efficient drain pump irrigation mechanism that helps to ensure the roots get optimal moisture.
The tray is removable, soilless and measures 23 by 23 inches square. It can hold fifteen 5-inch grow pots filled up with pebble grow media or fired clay. The complete package includes a 7-1 gallon reservoir, a timer that with 12 flood settings, a submersible pump, a pH test kit, an instructions manual, rock wool starter cubes, and 16 ounces of HydroFarm all-purpose nutrient. The system does not come with any lighting system.
HydroFarm Active Aqua Grow Flow Ebb and Gro Hydroponic System
If you are looking for ebb and flow system that needs little attention, HydroFarm Active Aqua Grow Flow is the way to go. The system comes with an easy to control and program unit that allows you to just setting up and going on with your other work. The system which is both reliable and efficient is also affordable and fast. For safety measures the system comes with fail safe overflow protection that helps to prevent spillage and possible flooding.
The LED indicator lights up when and if the float valve stops operating. Another safety measure also comes from the shut-off valve which shuts the system down automatically if the float valve stops operating. All the safety measures ensure that the grow space is clean and free from damage or spillage. If you want to expand the system, you can connect the system to 24 modules if you are using a 5-gallon system or connect to 48 modules if you are using a 2-gallon system.
Using the components of this ebb and flow system, you can also build yourself a DIY grows system from scratch. Included in the package are 12 growing pots and micro nutrients in 1 quart bottles of FloraMicro, FloraBloom and FloraGro.
DreamJoy Hydroponic Row Kit Ebb and Flow DWC System
Made with food grade materials, the DreamJoy hydroponic grow kit is like a dream come true for ebb and flow cannabis growers. The system comes with an easy to assemble design that is both fast and convenient. Even if you are a novice in weed growing, you do not need any prior experience to use this system. The system produces healthy crops with more yields than the standard hydroponic growing media.
The complete package includes one main pipe and holder, 36 planting sites, 110v water pump, a planting sponge and a 3.3 foot hose. Because of its design, DreamJoy is one of the best space saving systems in the market. The kit does not come with a nutrient basin or reservoir unlike many other systems in the market.
Best Article About Hydroponic On 09- 2023
Ebb and flow hydroponics system buying guide
Installing the ebb and flow hydroponics system in your grow room comes with many benefits. Besides the systems being easy to install and use, they are also some of the most affordable units in the market. Even with all the easiness of use and the benefits, you still need to be sure that you are buying the right unit with all the correct features in order to harvest better quality and quantity yields. Below are some of the factors to consider before buying your ebb and flow hydroponics system.
Majority of the ebb and grow hydroponic systems come with a design meant for small growing spaces. If you have a larger grow space or you want to harvest a larger yield, then the best thing would be to go with a different hydroponic system.
The systems tray size should also be another thing to consider as it determines how many plants you can grow at one go. Some of the trays are large and can handle bigger plants while others are too small to handle bigger crops. The smaller ones can only handle seedlings. Whatever you choose, make sure you are choosing a tray with ample space for your crops.
Even if you have a small grow space, you may want to expand your yield. If you want to do so, check for systems that come with expansion options such as modules that you can connect to the system. With the expansion, you can plant twice as many crops as the system can hold.
One of the things that you should know is that when it comes to growing equipment and tools, the brand name matters a lot. It is advisable to always go with the top brand names in the industry because they come with enough testing and many features.
Some of the highly rated brands are more expensive than other less known brands. Your budget may force you to go for the cheaper brands but you have to be very careful not to risk the wellbeing and growth of your crops because of the difference in cost. The cheaper ones may come with attractive features and options but when it comes to carrying out the applications, they give dismal results.
You also do not have to break your account buying the most expensive units in the market. Luckily for most growers, ebb and flow hydroponic systems are affordable irrespective of the brand names.
It is also advisable to do your homework extensively on the various systems in the market. You can do this by reading reviews and asking people that have used the systems before. Compare different products in the market before settling for one.
What is in the package?
Checking what is in the package is also important as it helps you to know what extra to buy if the contents do not cover everything you need. Majority of the ebb and flow systems do not come with the lighting systems and a few do not come with a nutrient solution. It would be wiser to go for a unit that comes with nutrient solutions especially if you are a first time user.
Ease of use and assembling
Do not go for a system that will need a professional for assembling. Majority of the ebb and flow systems come with easy assembly designs which is a relief especially for novices.
Wrapping it up
Many cannabis growers prefer the hydroponic growing system because of its convenience and cleanness compared to soil based growing methods. Ebb and flow, which is one of the many preferred hydroponic growing systems requires minimal maintenance and it is one of the easiest systems to use even for first time growers. The yield from using the hydroponic system is high and the quality is just as high.
The above units are some of the best in the market and they come with all the features you need for growing in a small space. They are affordable, easy to use and maintain and easily available. The buying guide should help you to find the best system in the market.
- DWC Bucket +Top Drip Kit: Upgraded DWC hydroponic planting system adopts an unique top drip irrigation design; It provides a water circulation to keep the nutrient water fresher and easier to be absorbed
- Powerful Air Pump: Air output: 25 L/min; Voltage: 120V/60HZ; Power: 15W; The air pump and air stone provide sufficient air bubbles for each barrel through the air hose, which can promote the growth of plant roots effectively
- Grow Faster, Harvest More: The upgraded DWC system enables plants to grow faster and produce higher yields; Compared to RDWC, It has independent planting units, which can flexibly grow different plants
- Complete DWC Hydroponic Kit: This hydroponics kit contains 4x 5-gallon PP plant buckets; 4x 8-inch baskets; 4x drip irrigation sets; 1x air pump; 4x air flow regulators; 12m air tubes ; 4x air stones; 1x divider; 4x clay pebbles packs; 4x visual water level indicators; 1x check valve; 4x air valves; 1x instruction booklet
- Wide Range of Applications: This complete hydroponic bucket system easily fits in grow tents, open areas in gardens, balconies, or offices, homes; Ideal for planting vegetables, fruits, flowers, and crops
- 【60 Pods & 32L Water Tank】Our hydroponic growing system design with 60 growing pods and 2-layer.The upper level boasts of an 8L tank, perfect for cultivating leafy greens such as lettuce, basil, mint, and many more. The lower level has a 24L tank, which is ideal for nurturing long-stemmed plants like peppers, tomatoes, sunflowers, and many others.What's more, you can easily monitor the water level through a transparent window and add water as necessary when it goes below the 8L mark.
- 【3X Growing Faster & 40% Higher Yield】This indoor herb garden growing system plants with water and nutrients only. With this indoor gardening system, you'll be able to grow plants 3X faster and produce 40% greater yields on average.That means you'll have a steady supply of nutritious and delicious homegrown herbs all year round, without having to wait long.
- 【Quiet Water Circulation System & Smart Socket】The indoor growing system features a quiet water pump. It helps to circulate water and keep the nutrient circulating well to the roots, which helps plants grow up faster and healthier than in soil. Come with a smart socket which is easy to set the light’s working time. It’s recommended to set the smart socket to ON-16 hours, and OFF-8 hours so that the plants can grow better.(Supports 2.4GHz Wi-Fi connectivity only)
- 【Full Spectrum Grow Light & Adjustable Light Height】Use full spectrum grow light, the same as natural sunlight, perfect for herbs, veggies, tomatoes, peppers, etc at all growth stages; Balanced lighting of full spectrum wavelength can give your plants more light to grow faster and healthier. The height of the upper and lower light can be adjusted up to 21.6” for plants at different growth stages, helping plants absorb energy from light and promoting growth.
- 【Vertical Hydroponics Growing System & Easy to Assemble】Compared with other products, our indoor herb garden planter is smarter and simpler. Easy to assemble and disassemble, just add the water and nutrients, no need to take much care. This vertical hydroponics growing system is also designed with a vertical structure, which does not take up much space. And with the added convenience of universal wheels, you can easily move this aeroponic grow system anywhere you want.
- High Yield and Quality: Soilless cultivation with nutrient film can meet the production potential of crops; Compared with traditional soil cultivation, the yield can be doubled with requiring less water and less space
- With Timer to Save Effort: This hydroponic growing system kit of PVC has a timed circulation system; The default setting of the timer allows the pump to work for 5 minutes every 30 minutes to reach the nutrient film technique; The circulation mode can also be set manually or automatically according to demand; Not only makes the pump more durable, saves nutrient solution, but also makes vegetables grow better
- Easy to Assemble & Use: This hydroponic gardening system is extremely simple to assemble and use; Great for beginners and no experience required; It is easy to save time and energy with no arable land required, which means it's suitable for indoor and outdoor
- Durable and Widely Applicable: Each food-grade PVC-U pipe is 31.1 inches long and 2.8 inches in diameter with 108 sites for vegetables, flowers and plants; The hydroponics growing system kit of PVC for indoor and outdoor is especially suitable for leafy vegetables in home and offices, such as lettuce, rape, celery, beets, bell pepper, garlic seedlings, canola and so on
- What You Get: The plant germination kit has 3 layers; Comes with 1 set of planting pipes, 1 water pump timer, 1 water pump, 1 tube, 1 power plug, planting basket and sponge, 1 tweezers, 3 instructions (planting instructions, assembly instructions, timer instruction manual) and 1-year warranty
- 【Better Light, Faster Growth】Hydroponics growing system adapting the newest SMD LED technology with full-spectrum light technique, gives veggies the light energy they need to grow. The indoor garden SMD LED grow light delivers 30% more luminous flux than traditional grow light for veggies to maximize photosynthesis and speed up growth by 5x, while it also creates a perfect temperature, allowing veggies to germinate and grow quickly, even in winter.
- 【Quiet Auto Water Circulation System】Advanced Deep Flow Technique is applied for the indoor gardening system, built-in automatic circulation pump, automatic operation to generate a regular water flow, creating a perfect ecosystem for roots. In this technique, oxygen and nutrients are better delivered to the roots, allowing veggies to grow faster and healthier. The water pump also keeps the water fresh and clean while operating with extremely low noise.
- 【Free from Constant Watering】Surprise yourself with 18 days of self-sufficient growth in just 1 watering, indoor herb garden 4L ultra-large water tank and exclusive formula nutrients. Hydroponic garden unique deeper tank provides larger space for roots to develop and breath, while the escalated indoor garden provide all the nutrients veggies need and improve the water quality to keep veggies fresh.
- 【Suitable for all types of cultivation】You can adjust the height of the hydroponic growing system according to the growth size of the veggies. Grow anything you love with our indoor garden even in bitterly cold winter and in apartments without ample sunlight Plant as much as you want.
- 【What You Will Get】Hydroponics System x1, Plant Food A&B x1, Pianting Hat x12, Planting Basket x12, Biochar Mud x12, Adapter x1, Manual x1. We will provide you with 360 days warranty and after-sales service. If you have any questions about hydroponic gardens, you can consult us at any time.
- High-Performance Grow Lights：The 24W LED lights of the hydroponics growing system simulate the sunlight spectrum. Stimulate your plants to grow faster in any weather and season – 5 times faster than in soil. Gardening gifts for women, mom.
- Indoor Herb Garden：Brighten up your kitchen by cultivating plants both decorative and practical. It can grow up to 12 of your favorite herbs, veggies, or flowers indoors including basil, tomatoes, pepper, lettuce etc. even in cold winter. NOTE: This Seed Pod Kit doesn't include seeds,Seeds need to be bougth separately.
- Height-Adjustable Garden Kit：The height of the lighting part can be adjusted for veggies at different growth stages, helping veggies absorb energy from LED lights and promoting growth.
- Hydroponic Circulation System：Independent water pump, forms a water circulation system, increasing the oxygen. Fully control over the weather all year round.
- Our guarantee：If you have any questions about the product, please contact our customer service in time, we will help you solve the problem immediately.