Marijuana smoking no longer depends on traditional consumption methods such as rolling joints or blunts. Other methods taking over from the traditional ones include topicals, brownies, edibles, capsules, pills, and vaporizers. People today also opt to make their weed recipes from the comfort of their homes, especially if they do not trust the effectiveness or potency of the products in the market.
Anyone taking the road of preparing recipes from the comfort of their home is in luck as there are many online recipes. Developing the recipes may seem like a simple thing to do, but it is not the same for some of them. It is essential to infuse and decarboxylate your cannabis. One of the most popular decarboxylation and infusion products in the market is the Nova decarboxylation.
In this article, we look at the Nova decarboxylator, but before then, let us understand what decarboxylation is.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is decarboxylation?
- 2 Nova Decarboxylator Review
- 3 How to use
- 4 FAQs about the Nova Decarboxylator
- 5 Wrapping it up
What is decarboxylation?
Decarboxylation is the process of making cannabis a potent ingredient before adding it to any recipe. The process involves a chemical reaction achieved by heating raw cannabis to a specific temperature that allows it to releases carboxyl and becomes psychoactive. Natural cannabis contains THCA, which decarboxylation converts to THC to make it more potent.
Nova Decarboxylator Review
Summary of features
- Weighs 1000 grams
- Width of 100 mm
- Height of 190 mm
- Decarbs and infuses kief and concentrates
- FDA approved
- Bpa-free plastic
- Mess-free and odorless
- Provides full activation of cannabis
- Infuses oil and butter
- Low maintenance
- Separate silicone sleeve bought separately
The Nova Decarboxylator is one of the most innovative devices that make cannabis decarboxylation easy. It is easy to use the product as all you do is just place your raw cannabis in the device, press start, and it does the rest. The device does not emit any smells or cause any messes around your work area at home.
The whole process is odorless and free from noise. Besides preparing the herb for the best THC potency, you can also use the same decarboxylation method to make your treatment regimens from cannabis. The device allows you to create recipes that come with unique tastes without using the traditional and tedious conventional methods.
It comes with an easy to understand and follow user manual that helps you to meet the specific needs and requirements with the right dosing. The construction of the Nova is durable and made from quality materials and components. The quality is excellent for both the inside and outside of the oven.
The interior of the oven consists of high-grade heating elements that activate the psychoactive and therapeutic properties of cannabis. The heating device also provides versatility as it activates both the THC potency and the medical benefits from raw cannabis. The complete package includes a user manual and the Nova decarboxylator. Nova is expensive, but it provides value for your money.
How to use
You can use the Nova decarboxylator in two different ways. The first method requires that you use the device with a baking paper, while the next process requires using a silicone lining that you buy separately. The Nova is simple to use, and it comes with easy and unambiguous instructions to follow.
It has a power button, which plays the most significant role in its application. You do need to set anything manually as the Nova does it all for you. Below are the steps to follow
- Put your cannabis into the silver container
- Place the container into the decarboxylator
- Use the purple lid to cover up the container
- Cover tightly with the black lid
- Switch the power button on
Before switching on the power button, the light is green, which means that it is ready to start processing. After switching or pushing the power switch on, the light turns red, that means it is processing. The complete cycle of processing takes anything between one hour and two hours, during which time you can do something else that you deem fit by you.
After the declaring process is over, you can now move to the next step, which is infusion testing. For this process, you will need to have the silicone infusion sleeve, which comes separately. Using the infusion sleeve, follow the following steps for infusion.
- Choose any oil that you prefer to use with your cannabis
- Put the silicone infusion sleeve inside the Ardent Nova device
- Put the oil in the inside the silicone sleeve
- Add your declared cannabis
- Use the purple lid to cover
- Put on the black lid
- Press the power button on
Once the process completes, the light will turn red, which is an indication that the process is complete. You can use the infused oil in any of your cannabis recipes, or add it to lotions or creams.
There are two popular Nova decarboxylators. The first is the Mighty Fast Herbal Infuser & Ardent Nova Decarboxylator Bundle, which comes with all the basic features of a decarboxylator. The only thing it lacks is the silicone infusion sleeve. The other product is the Ardent Nova Decarboxylator & Silicone Infusion Sleeve that comes with a silicone infusion sleeve. You can check the process for both products on Amazon. .
- Saves money and time
- Comes with multiple purposes
- Increase THC potency
- Increases the potency of cannabinoids
- Prevents terpenes from escaping
- It has a large capacity
- Easy to use
- Some users claimed it leaked out odors
- Silicone sleeve does not come with the Nova container
The Nova decarboxylator was a hit with the customers that used it, and they showed their appreciation by giving the devices an average rating of 4.4 stars. Many of the users praised the device for its ease of use and the odorless process. A few though claimed that there was odor leakage, but the reason behind this is they may not have put the lid back on tightly enough.
The price was also another issue, but despite the high cost, they agree that the device provided value for money. Other positive reviews touched on its time and cost-saving abilities. A few of the customers wished that it came in a bigger size.
Read next: How to Make Pot Brownies
FAQs about the Nova Decarboxylator
Do you need the silicon infusion sleeve for cannabis decarboxylation?
A silicone infusion sleeve comes in handy if you want to add oils to your decarbed cannabis. It helps to infuse the liquids. Instead of the silicone infused sleeve, you can also use a glass container.
Can you use the decarboxylator for several batches or just one?
You can use the Nova decarboxylation to decarb two or three more batches. All you need to do before putting in the next bunch for processing is to allow the device to cool first. No cleaning is necessary.
What are the benefits of cannabis decarboxylation?
Decarboxylation of cannabis helps you to unlock many benefits from the herb that you would not get from just smoking or vaping. It is especially great for people that love the flower part of cannabis. The process helps you to infuse marijuana for the creation of your recipes for edibles, tinctures, sublingual, and even medicine.
By decarbing, you get the most THC out of every batch you use. It also gives you a chance to control your dosage, especially if you are decarbing for medical reasons. If you were vaping or smoking to manage some pain, you would have to do it all day to get the results you want.
Decarbing also allows you to use cannabis discretely from the comfort of your home. You can also trust products that you make for yourself than those you buy from marijuana dispensaries or other dealers. It also helps you to cut down on costs that you would otherwise use to purchase medical marijuana from other sources. Best of all, it is a fun thing to do, and before you know it, it becomes a great hobby.
Wrapping it up
Decarboxylation is not a very old practice, but it is catching up with many lovers of quality cannabis in their edibles and other recipes. Decarboxylation may look like a hard thing to do, yet the exercise requires little effort from you. Nova decarboxylation devices are some of the best in the market, and they practically do all the work while you wait for the final product. What is even better is that you get to control the amounts you want to decarb and infuse.
- ✅ EASY TO CLEAN | Dishwasher safe. Also easy to rinse off grease and other residue.
- ✅ ODORLESS | Food grade silicone and alunimnum controls decarboxylate smell at 100%.
- ✅ LARGE CAPACITY | Aluminum canisters activates up to 2 ounces of herb and products.
- ✅ SMART & SIMPLE | 4 preset modes for C and T decarboxylation to bring out max of herb potency.
- ✅ PRECISE HEATING | Apply heat cycle to your herb products to achieve best decarb and curing results.
- [ NOVA BOTANICAL ACTIVATOR ] - Want to enjoy the benefits of the botanical extract? From the full activation of the components in your flower, kief, or concentrates to providing better taste and texture and improving overall quality, the Ardent Nova 110V model is the answer to all your wants
- [ PREMIUM QUALITY MATERIAL ] - Able to hold up to 1 oz of flower or 5 oz of kief, this is safe to use and includes a durable metal canister and silicon protective cover along with a black top lid. The smell-proof lid design prevents your house from being stunk, making it a product of everyone's choice
- [ HOW IT OPERATES ] - Before infusing your botanicals into oil, butter, and other consumable goods, you need to decarboxylate your herbs at the temperature monitored by the smartly installed dual sensors that work in conjugation with an algorithm to produce the desired results
- [ ODORLESS AND MESS-FREE ] - You no longer have to deal with the mess of butter or the smell of buds, thanks to Nova Decarboxylator. Just load your herbs, press the start button, and wait until it turns green. Once the process is over, you have the botanicals with increased potency
- [ COMPLETE CUSTOMER SATISFACTION ] - At Ardent, we stand behind our products and provide a one-year warranty on the Nova for electronic and manufacturing defects of the Nova body, electric and heating components, inner container, lid, and cover
- Magical Cookbook: New Official MagicalButter Cookbook highlights most popular recipes included
- Easy to use: At the touch of a button with our Microprocessor-controlled program sequences, enjoy great-tasting, healthy foods, or make natural skin-care products
- Endless Recipes: Make your recipes Bolder: Brownies, Cookies, Smoothies, Sauces, Soups, Vegetables, Candies, Seafood, Marinades, Meats, Beverages, Lotions and Salves, and much more
- Easy to Clean: Fully automatic with 1,2,4,8 hour and cleaning cycles
- Warranty: 1 Year warranty for all MagicalButter Machines
- ALL IN ONE: The Ardent FX will allow you to decarboxylate, Infuse, Bake and Melt. Moreover, multi-purpose Food safe container comes as an infusion sleeve and stash jar in one multi-purpose container
- LARGE COMPARTMENT: 4 times bigger than Nova, can take up to 4 oz material. Also, you can benefit from the food-safe container which is a perfect storage solution for flower, decarboxylated material, infusions etc
- SMELL PROOF: The Silicone Lid and Improved cover traps the smell making it virtually odorless and keeps the food fresh.
- PREMIUM QUALITY CONTAINER: Stainless steel core and airtight silicone top make the Vessel a discreet, light-sensitive storage space for any of your cannabis or hemp-related products, at any point along with the activation, infusion, or baking process.
- WARRANTY: The full warranty applies only on devices purchased from Ardent Life Store
- New design with food-grade 304 stainless steel canister and glass Lid will allow users a better, smell proof and clean experience for making herbal edibles oils
- Wide range temperature & time adjustment.Highlight 5 classic temperatures setting for decarbing herbs, herbal oil, cannabutter and tincture making etc
- Glass lid lets you be able to see the entire process especially for monitoring tincture evaporation
- Premium canister capacity which can hold up to 550ML oil for infusion and 1.5 ounces herbs for decarboxylation
- 2-years warranty , please contact customer service if you need to fulfill any warranty issue