Cannabis edible can also be referred to as cannabis-infused food and sometimes can be referred to as an edible. These are food products that contain cannabinoids, especially THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). While edible can refer to a drink or food, cannabis-infused drinks are mostly referred to as drinkable or liquid edible.
Most edibles, such as weed brownies, contain a high amount of THC and often induce a wide array of effects such as euphoria, relaxation, increased appetite, anxiety, and fatigue. Weed brownies and many other edibles are consumed for medicinal or recreation purposes. Other edibles contain an insignificant amount of THC; however, they are dominant in other cannabinoids, especially cannabidiol, also abbreviated as CBD. These are primarily used only for medicinal purposes. In this article, however, we are going to delve on how to make weed brownies.
When most people think about cannabis edibles, the first thing that comes into their mind is the classic weed brownie. These have been widely featured in the media for quite sometimes. They are the primary option for getting green medicine in the form of consumables. In this text, you will learn various ways to prepare and bake weed brownies easily at home. With the recipes, you are sure to have plenty of delicious treats to keep for yourself or share with friends and family.
Table of Contents
- 1 The Amount of Weed That You Need For Brownies
- 2 Best Weed Brownie Recipe
- 2.1 Some Tools You Need:
- 2.2 Recipe 1: Bud-filled brownie
- 2.3 Recipe 2: The Triple Threat Chocolate Pot Brownie
- 2.4 Recipe 3: Vegan-Friendly Classic Cannabis Brownie
- 2.5 Recipe 4: Gluten-Free, Celiac Suitable Ganja Brownie Bites
- 3 Overconsumption
- 4 Best Cannabis Strains For Weed Brownies
- 5 Conclusion
The Amount of Weed That You Need For Brownies
I’m sure by now you are asking yourself how much weed you should need to prepare your pot brownies. First of all, you are making pot brownies because you want to get high; however, it is not to say that you want to get wrecked. If you need your butter to last longer and refrain from taking too much, you should use less butter. If, for instance, the recipe that you are working with requires ½ a cup of butter, then use ¼ cup instead of the standard butter.
This will be essential, especially if your friends or the people you want to enjoy with snacky, or they do not think about the dosage in your weed brownies or if friends, you want to enjoy your pot brownies without having to be too much stoned. It is not always that when the high is stronger, it is better. You need to use your discretion.
Best Weed Brownie Recipe
Some Tools You Need:
Recipe 1: Bud-filled brownie
This is somewhat a lighter cousin of brownies and tastes like a rich caramel and brown sugar. Bud-filled brownies have a crispy thin-layered coating of crunch. When preparing it, you can add whatever you want into it, be it nuts, booze, chocolate, dried fruits, and more weed. Here is a recipe on how to prepare bud-filled brownie, which you can do at home even with little or no baking experience at all.
The serving is 16 pieces while the cooking time is approximately 35 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 6 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- A cup of dark brown sugar
- 1 large cold egg
- 1,1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of toasted nuts
- ½ cup of chocolate chips
- ½ cup of shredded coconut or dried fruits
- ¼ cup of liquor
- ½ teaspoon of flavoring extract, which can be mint, chocolate, raspberry, almond, rum or coconut.
- To start, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit then prepare a medium-sized, deep baking pan, lining it with parchment paper
- Blend the weed butter, brown sugar and unsalted butter in a large mixing bowl until it becomes smooth and even. Next, add vanilla extract together with the egg then blend once more. Finally, add the flour and any other additional ingredient that you desire. Beat the butter with a batter stick or whisk until the mix becomes thick and even.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cannabis butter with the unsalted butter, then blend with brown sugar until it is smooth and even consistency. Add the vanilla extract together with the egg and continue blending. Then add the flour. Beat the butter with a whisk or batter stick for a few minutes until the mix is thick and even.
- Pour the ready batter into the parchment-lined baking dish, then place it into the oven and leave it to bake for 25 minutes. You can let it cook until the top layer becomes crispy.
- Test to see whether your weed blondies are ready. Use a toothpick to pock in the blondies. The toothpick should come out clean. If it does, this means that your blondies are ready for cooling.
- Cool them for about 5 minutes or an hour before cutting the tray into the 16 pieces and enjoy it with friends.
Recipe 2: The Triple Threat Chocolate Pot Brownie
This is a richer and more chocolate twist to the traditional brownie. It is sure to get you high, but most of all, it has a fantastic taste as it melts into your mouth.
Serving for 18 pieces and the cooking time is 45 minutes.
- 3 tablespoons of cannabis butter
- 3 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1,3/4 cups of brown sugar
- 6 cold eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1, ½ cups of whole wheat, or you also can use all-purpose baking flour
- 1tablespoon of sea salt
- ½ cup of your favorite chocolate chips
- 12 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 1/8 cup of cocoa powder, unsweetened
- ½ cup of macadamia nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Low-heat in a medium-sized saucepan melt the bittersweet chocolate butter, cannabutter all together while frequently stirring so that the mix does not burn.
- Remove it from the flame once everything is of a liquid consistency. Allow it to cool for some minutes
- Add sugar, eggs, and the vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl and beat them thoroughly using a whisk. Next, put in the cooled chocolate and butter mixture to the sugar and egg mixture while whisking until you reach an even consistency
- Now, fold in the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and the chocolate chips and let them blend and become even.
- Prepare a glass container or baking tin, lining it with parchment paper, then fold the brownie mixture into the dish. Place it in the oven and leave it to bake for 25 minutes before passing the toothpick test to see whether your pot brownies have cooked evenly through.
- Now, cut the pot brownies into 18 squares before allowing them to cool
- Enjoy while they are still warm or however you desire
Recipe 3: Vegan-Friendly Classic Cannabis Brownie
Cannabis pastries are not to be limited to people of conventional diets but also needs to be an option for vegans. The recipe below is for the 420-loving vegans. This is a delicious and high inducing pot brownie like no other.
The serving is for 16 pieces, while the cooking time is 40 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons of vegan cannabis butter
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil
- ¾ cup of dairy-free dark chocolate
- 1/8teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of unsweetened soy, coconut milk or almond
- ½ cup of caster sugar
- Optional Ingredients
- ½ cup of chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven until it is 350 degrees Fahrenheit then line a baking dish with non-stick parchment paper and set aside
- Use a double boiling technique to add in the dairy-free dark chocolate and then allow it to melt using the heat of the water. Next, remove the glass bowl from the water and set it aside
- Sift in the self raising-rising baking flour and the unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Stir in the caster sugar and sea salt, then add in the vanilla extract, soy milk, vegan cannabis butter, and the melted chocolate that you had prepared earlier.
- Stir until the mixture ceases to be chunky. If you need, add in the chopped beans at this point
- Now, pour this mixture into the lined baking dish then place it in the oven and leave it to bake for 25 minutes
- Use a toothpick to find out whether the brownies have cooked. If cooked, take the pot brownies out, setting them aside to cool for ten or so minutes
- Finally, cut the dish into about 176 pieces and enjoy with friends
Recipe 4: Gluten-Free, Celiac Suitable Ganja Brownie Bites
Weed brownies know no boundary. Just like there is something for vegans, there is also something for gluten-free individuals or those with celiac disease. The Gluten-Free, Celiac Suitable Ganja Brownie Bites is a perfect choice for a party snack or a late-night dessert. The bites also are grain-free and also, are paleo-friendly. You can eat them by themselves or can be sprinkled over ice.
The serving is for 30 bites and the cooking time is 25 minutes.
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup of cannabutter can be made from regular butter or coconut
- ½ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of almond flour
- ¼ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 3 large cold eggs
- ½ cup of honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Use a mini muffin pan. Also, use a little coconut oil and apply it to each circle of the pan. This ensures that the dessert does not stick when baking.
- Whisk together sea salt, cocoa powder, baking soda, almond flour and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Use a separate smaller bowl to whisk the stevia, coconut oil, eggs, and the cannabutter together. Add the blend into the larger bowl with the dry ingredients and blend everything once more
- Whisk the honey before portioning the batter evenly into the mini muffin tray
- Place the mini muffin tray in the oven and let your pot brownies to bake for 20 minutes.
- Test using a toothpick if the brownies are ready and if they are, place them aside to cool for about 10 minutes
- You have the option of topping them with whipped cream, or you can add them to ice. You also can enjoy them plain if you wish
Ingesting THC in edibles such as pot brownies rather than smoking, it takes approximately 2 hours before fully kicking in. The intensity of your high, on the other hand, will somehow have to do with the size of the dose you ate and your body tolerance. If you overdo it, you will feel your high on another level.
Overconsumption leads to increased confusion paranoia and loss of coordination. At times, one can gain an intense headache or start hearing things that, in the real sense, doesn’t exist. Chronic weed users may experience psychosis symptoms. In case you are experiencing a new onset of psychosis symptoms, you should be rushed to a nearby ER. It’s debated that cannabis-induced psychosis can occur despite the way you consume your weed, though.
Everyone has a different reaction to marijuana, so it is not likely that you should tell what to expect when you overdo your weed brownies. This, however, should not stop you from enjoying them, but it is a call to action that you do in-depth research into it and find the necessary information you need to kick start your high life.
Best Cannabis Strains For Weed Brownies
We hope that this information is of great help to you and that you have learned one or two ways of preparing pot brownies at home. These are just a few steps to make tasty brownies even without prior baking experience. It is vital to note that the consumption of weed is your sole responsibility, and you always should take discretion. Always remember not to overdo your weed brownies.