Over the recent past, medical marijuana has become quite popular. CBD is among the most sort after products in the market today. CBD is also referred to as Cannabis oils.
There are tons upon tones of materials online or offline publications that suggest that CBD oil is excellent at curing many conditions and diseases. However, no publication or research indicates that this could be the alternative of conventional medicines in curing these ailments. What we are confident, however, is the fact that it can heal some sporadic forms of epilepsy, but even then, CBD will be recommended as the last resort.
Researchers suggest that since the cannabis-based products, including CBD oil, are not tested nor regulated by either the government or other third parties, it becomes difficult for consumers to, first of all, know what they are buying. So, the question that begs is, what is CBD oil?
Table of Contents
- What is CBD Oil?
- How are CBD Oils Consumed?
- Side Effects Of CBD Oils
- Bottom line
- Best Selling Hemp Oil On Amazon
What is CBD Oil?
The concentrated liquid extracted from the marijuana plant is referred to as cannabis oil. Just like any other liquid extracts from other plants, cannabis oil also differs in chemicals present. The chemicals vary depending on the mode of extraction used and chemicals present in a specific strain of marijuana.
While the marijuana plant has thousands of compounds, one which is famously recognized is the cannabinoid. Cannabinoids come in various forms; nonetheless, there are two that are so famous, and these include CBD (cannabidiol) and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol).
THC is a psychoactive compound in weed and is the one responsible for getting individuals high. CBD, on the other hand, does not cause a high effect when consumed. It is, therefore, what people who want to avoid getting high but want to benefit from the health benefits of the CBD. CBD products that do not have THC in them do not fall under the US Controlled Substances Act of the US Drug Enforcement Agency. This, therefore, means that CBD oils are legal to sell and consume since they do not contain traces of THC. This is why they have increasingly become common these days. Forbes, in 2016, reported that CBD products were expected to stand at $2.2 billion industry by the year 2020.
- Stark, william J (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 169 Pages - 05/29/2021 (Publication Date) - 978-1-7368205-2-0 (Publisher)
- C. Morgan, Grace (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 24 Pages - 02/01/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Jenkins, Leroy (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 39 Pages - 07/21/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Lagano, Laura (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 272 Pages - 03/26/2019 (Publication Date) - Castle Point Books (Publisher)
How are CBD Oils Consumed?
There are up to 4 ways of consuming CBD oil. Here they are.
Smoking or Vaping Marijuana
Inhaling it is thought to be one of the fastest ways to feel CBD effects because it goes straight to your lungs and the bloodstream. CBD concentrates can be smoked using an oil rig that is similar to a water pipe and works by heating the chamber where CBD oil is placed and then put the oil into the nail with a dabber.
It can be purchased in bottles that look much similar to eye drops and take your CBD oil under your tongue. You only apply a few drops under your tongue and hold them for 30 minutes. The method is discrete and effective. It is easy to use and easy to control dosage.
You also can place it under your skin in the form of ointment or balm. You do not require any additional tools, and the method is the easiest once you figure out your dosage. The method is excellent for migraines, sore muscles, skin acne, and more.
CBD oils can be added to your food. Today, there are a lot of CBD edibles such as weed lollipops or CBD gummy bears, etc. They won’t cause any highness. While you can buy them, you also can make some at home eg, weed brownies even without prior baking experience.
Read Next: How to Pass a Drug Test for Weed
Side Effects Of CBD Oils
While the oils do not induce a feeling of drowsiness to individuals, its effects can vary from an individual to another. The oil typically is having a wake-inducing impact and makes one more energetic and alert. In others, though, it can cause the opposite. Therefore in high doses, some people experience this side effect. If you are one of them, then you should refrain from operating machinery for your safety reasons. Also, if you fall among this category, it is vital to check your dosage and only consume the right amount.
A drop in blood pressure
The drop in blood pressure causes people to experience lightheadedness. Research shows that CBD oils can help people suffering from diabetes and heart diseases since it lowers their blood pressure. Nonetheless, it can also have an adverse effect on people with the right blood pressure, especially when they consume larger doses. Therefore if you suffer low blood pressure or you are taking medicines for it, you should avoid taking CBD oils or CBD products. When this effect happens to you, drink coffee to help with lightheadedness.
Diarrhea, change in appetite and weight
In a 2017 study that was carried out on people with psychotic disorders and epilepsy on cannabinoid, it was seen that they experienced near the same side effects; change in weight and appetite, diarrhea, and the feeling of tiredness. The research concluded that in comparison with other drugs used in the treatment of these diseases, CBD had a better side effect profile.
Interaction with other pharmaceutical drugs
If you are taking any pharmaceutical medications for a pre-existing medical condition, you need to be extra careful about the effects of CBD on drug metabolism within your liver. Research shows that CBD impedes the activities of some enzymes found in the liver, like particularly CYP3A4. CYP3A4 is responsible for metabolizing pharmaceutical drugs for human consumption.
The P450 enzyme system has over 50 enzymes that process and get rid of toxins, and when you take CBD oils in large doses, it neutralizes the activities of the P450 enzymes. Its because the CBD oil needs the same enzymes to get metabolized.
Causes nausea and a general feeling of sickness
One can argue that nausea and gastrointestinal issues are not severe health complications. These can be experienced after consuming CBD oils. Nausea and gastrointestinal issues can lead to diarrhea, vomiting, dizziness, and even many other symptoms that are associated with a digestive problem. As said earlier, CBD oils have different effects on different people, and, indeed, some people do not digest CBD oil well. The same is also not uncommon with supplements and oils.
CBD oil is an unregulated supplement, which means that there are no standards for safe measurement and dosage. Therefore, cases of getting far too much dosage than you need are common. This, therefore, calls for your body to flush what it does not need in a very unpleasant way.
Does it cause liver damage? As hard as it is to imagine that CBD oil damages the liver, a study conducted by the University of Arkansas suggest so. The research looked at the possible side effects that CBD has on the mice’s liver. It was seen that CBD damaged up to 75% of the mice used in the research. Many other herbal supplements can cause side effects like liver damage. Since the FDA does not regulate CBD oils, one should take great caution when consuming them, especially in large doses.
Dryness of the mouth
When consuming CBD oils or any other cannabinoids, you will most probably suffer mouth dryness. You will feel as though your mouth is filled with cotton balls. To overcome this, you need to drink plenty of fluids, including water, during, and after consuming CBD oils and products.
Can increase the permeability of the placenta thus putting at risk a pregnancy
If you are expectant or a breastfeeding mother, you are used to seeing the safety warning on most products you purchase. While it is essential for breastfeeding and pregnant women to use CBD, most researchers also tend to avoid this category of individuals in their research. This is aimed at preventing adverse effects to either the mother or the fetus. CBD could increase the permeability of the placenta barrier. This is according to a study conducted by the American Academy of Pediatrics. The result would put the pregnancy at risk.
Medical CBD and Epidiolex are approved to treat some cases of severe pediatric epilepsy in many states in the US. However, the safety of CBD in kids has not yet been widely tested. Therefore caution should be taken when using it to treat these diseases. As a rule of thumb, you need to speak t6o your pediatrician before you can administer CBD regimen to your kid.
It is no doubt that CBD oils play a significant role in easing several health issues such as depression, anxiety, heart disease, acne, and much more. It is also recommended for people with cancer to relieve the pain as well as the symptoms. Many other studies are ongoing. There is much more to learn. And as it has been touted to be beneficial, understanding its side effects is invaluable as it will enable you to draw the line on how to consume it and what is your right dosage, among other things.
Read Next: How Long Does Nicotine Stay In Your System
Best Selling Hemp Oil On Amazon
- Nutiva Organic, Cold-Pressed, Unrefined Hemp Seed Oil contains the ideal 3:1 ratio of Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids and is rich in antioxidants and great for skin care
- All-natural cold press extraction process yields a 100% pure, nutty-tasting, nutrient-rich oil that's high in fatty acids and antioxidants without the use of dangerous and harmful chemicals, hexane, or heat
- Ideal source of essential fatty acids and antioxidants for vegetarian, vegan, raw, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, gluten-free diets and is a great substitute for other oils in recipes or adding to dressings, sauces, and dips
- Nutiva partners with Canadian farmers to source the world’s finest organic, non-GMO, sustainably grown hemp seeds and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet
- PLANT-POWERED NUTRITION: Hemp Seed Oil has 12g of Omegas 3 and 6 per serving. Our hemp oil is an excellent source of ALA, Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) and Stearidonic Acid (SDA). Omega 3s are an essential fatty acid
- VERSATILE and DELICIOUS NUTTY FLAVOR: Use in a variety of recipes including pesto and sauces, or mix into salads and dressings. Enjoy daily for a nutritious boost
- PREMIUM QUALITY: Non-GMO Project Verified, Cold Pressed, Unrefined, and Hexane-Free. No added preservatives or dyes. Free of CBD oil
- A FIT FOR A VARIETY OF DIETS and LIFESTYLES: Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Certified, Keto, Paleo, and Dairy Free
- STRONG VALUES: At Just Hemp Foods we believe in cultivating the world in which we want to live. As a Certified B-Corp with a net zero carbon footprint, sustainability is at the forefront of everything we do
- THE BEST CHOICE: Hemp oil is produced in Colorado, USA. Our Premium Hemp Oil is a carefully cultivated formula that balances a small amount of distillate to achieve an amazing flavor with maximum efficacy.
- ETHANOL EXTRACTION: When ready for factory processing, we will use a very cold (-40°C) ethanol extraction method. The ethanol extraction method provides the highest purity in hemp oil and makes it rich in natural organic ingredients.
- QUALITY SUPPLEMENT NUTRIENTS: Naturally full of Hemp Oil Extract, omega 3-6-9, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, trace minerals, amino acids, digestive enzymes and vitamins B - GORNVB's hemp oil extract drops will show amazing results fast. Relaxing, great night’s sleep - all that and even more!
- ORGANIC HEMP: GORNVB hemp oils do not contain any preservatives, artificial colorants, or major allergens including soy, gluten, milk, egg, wheat, GMOs, peanuts, and shellfish.
- SAFE AND TRUSTWORTHY: Hemp Oil has always been committed to providing quality products to its customers. Tested by third-party labs for quality, safety and efficacy, you can use it with confidence!
- Highest Quality: Our Premium Hemp Oil is a carefully cultivated formula that balances a small amount of distillate to achieve an amazing flavor with maximum efficacy.
- Ethanol Extraction: When ready for factory processing, we will use a very cold (-40°C) ethanol extraction method. The ethanol extraction method provides the highest purity in hemp oil and makes it rich in natural organic ingredients.
- Reduce Stress & Increase Happiness - Our premium Hemp Capsules has a natural relaxing effect to help ease mental and emotional stress. The abundance of hemp oil and Omega 3-6-9 essential fatty acids target the stress & tension neurons and receptors and are incredibly effective in improving your mood, while combating Stress
- Easy to use: we've designed the perfect form and size of hemp oil capsules which are easy to swallow without unpleasant smell and taste. It is very convenient to use on the go.
- Organically Grown: Inspired by nature, and backed by science, our products go through rigorous testing before bottled. GPGP GreenPeople products are Organically grown. Multiple tests are conducted throughout the cultivation process to ensure no harmful elements are present.
- PLANT-POWERED NUTRITION: Manitoba Harvest Hemp Seed Oil has 12g of Omegas 3&6 per serving. Our hemp oil is an excellent source of ALA, and provides Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) and Stearidonic Acid (SDA). Omega 3s are an essential fatty acid that your body cannot produce on its own.
- VERSATILE & DELICIOUS NUTTY FLAVOR: Use in a variety of recipes including pesto and sauces, or mix into salads and dressings. Enjoy daily for a nutritious boost!
- PREMIUM QUALITY: USDA Organic, Non-GMO Project Verified, Cold Pressed, Unrefined, and Hexane-Free. No added preservatives or dyes.
- A FIT FOR A VARIETY OF DIETS & LIFESTYLES: Gluten Free, Vegan, Kosher Certified, Keto, Paleo, and Dairy Free.
- GROWN SUSTAINABLY: Cold pressed from hemp seed that is grown sustainably and free of CBD oil