The main reason why cannabis growers put too much effort when cultivating the crop is to derive high-potency levels. A first-time grower may not know much about the difference between high-level potency and low-level potency. However, since having strong weed is the most relevant reason for cannabis cultivation, you should always provide the crops with everything they need.
You should also check how high the potency levels could be, whether you are a first-time grower or a skilled one. Likewise, it would be best to take notes and good care of your cannabis plants to harvest the highest quality yields.
If your goal in cultivating weed is to maximize THC levels for the psychoactive effects, consider using all the right ingredients that provide you with maximum resins with high potent trichomes. Besides learning how to maximize THC levels in your yields, you should also determine what you should do if you get a yield with low potency THC.
In the case you do not get high potent weed as expected after harvesting, drying, and curing your weed, you do not need to fret because there are different factors to consider on “How to Make Your Weed Stronger.”
Factors That Influence Weed Potency
Several factors help in determining the potency of your cannabis. Some of the issues that lower cannabis potency happen during the growing cycle. You probably did something knowingly or unknowingly, which made a huge impact on the potency, which you can avoid during the next cycle to improve the potency.
The growing cycle can make or break the strength of your weed. The following are the factors you should consider if you want highly potent weed with a high that lasts longer.
The largest contributor to weed potency is the cannabis strain you choose to grow. Some people believe that growing a strong strain results in highly potent weed. On the contrary, you can grow strong weed strain and still harvest low potent weed. The answer to strong weed is starting the cannabis grow cycle with strains that come with good genetics and good health.
You also have to bear in mind that there are thousands of strains, and many of them are good with unique effects. Fortunately, many professional weed breeders sell specific and stabilized strains that produce high potency weed for many growers. You can also check trusted stores both online and in your locality for high quality and healthy strains.
If you are a new cannabis grower, do not rush into buying strains from anyone just because they say they have the best products. Ask for advice, read reviews on reputable online seed banks, and use the best growing methods. Another factor to consider when looking for the best strain is that many of the cannabis plants offer a maximum of 15% THC content even with the best.
With healthy and good genetics strains and proper growth, you can get 15% or slightly lower than that. Still, it is impossible to surpass that THC potency level, making it important to check all the features of the strain you are using before deciding.
Cannabis plants, just like any other crop, use light for energy, food, and proper development. If you do not provide enough light to the plants throughout their entire growth cycle, they will not grow well. The most critical stage where cannabis needs enough light for maximum bud growth is the flowering stage.
If the buds do not bloom well, they will appear much smaller, and with less potency. Therefore the more light you provide the crops, especially during the flowering phase, the higher and stronger the potency. Some cannabis growers combine best LED grow lights and HPS grow lights for better lighting effects and bigger, less airy buds with more potency.
When using the light systems, you should be careful not to cause light stress that leads to bleached buds with low potency. Ensure that you maintain the required distances between lights and the top of the plants for maximum high yielding and strong weed.
- 6000K White Light - equipped with 10 Red + 74 White LEDs, this growing Lamp is similar to the full-spectrum sunlight at noon,that is professionally designed for indoor garden plants.Moreover, its color rendering index is as high as 95, the light is soft and flicker-free, which is very suitable for reading lamp
- Timer Function & Multiple Settings - this growing light offer the timer function with 3 options that is 4Hrs or 8Hrs or 12Hrs, it is based on a 24 hour cycle from the time you set the timer.For example,when keeping power ON, if you select 8 Hrs,it will turns ON for 8 hours per 24 hours.The other two timer settings are the same.
- Easy to Install - with flexible Gooseneck & strong clamp,it allows you to place the growth light in any direction to provide the best lighting angle for your plants，meet the cover around the plant.Powered by USB or AC Power Plug
- High Efficiency LED Lamp - as for LED power draw this seedling lights just comsume about 10watt and is equivalent to a 50W Halogen Bulb.Estimately monthly cost roughly $2 in electricity (12 hours a day). It is a great gift if you growing some small house plants.
- 【365 Days Worry-free Warranty】GooingTop service team offer 365 days warranty and 24h friendly customer service. If there are ever any issues about the product, please feel free to contact us and we will send you a new replacement or full refund.
- Comprehensive and Effective Spectrum: this 5-head grow light contains 3 supplemental light modes:1. warm white(3000k), similar to sunlight, simulate nature environment for plants; 2. Red(660nm)+Blue(460nm): promote photosynthesis, rooting, germination, blooming, fruiting; 3. Red+Blue+White(380nm-780nm), provide universal full spectrum which can meet the light conditions your plants need most in different stages
- Floor Grow Light with Adjustable Stand: equipped with sturdy tripod stand which can keeps the grow light stable and not wobbly, easily adjusted from 15” to 63”, with 360 degree flexible gooseneck. 5 heads design can provide a much wider coverage for indoor plants than original ones, allows for every plant to receive ample light it needs to live
- Remote Function & Auto On/Off Timer : both have line-in controller and RF controller, as you can remotely control the plant light which is convenient to operate and can effectively protect your eyes. Auto circular memory timing function has 4/8/12H modes for you to choose, the plant light will turn it on by itself everyday as your setting, even you're on the travel, these grow light strips will still take good care of your plants every day!
- 10 Level Brightness: has 10 dimmable brightness levels, low light for delicate plants and high brightness for strong plants, you can randomly switch it to the most suitable brightness for your plant growth, helps your plants grow 5 times faster and more flourish than natural
- Designed Specifically for Plants: our grow light is made of an aviation-grade heat sink and high-quality aluminum shell, create an excellent heat dissipation to reduce light loss and extend to 50000-hour long life span, perfectly suitable for balconies,greenhouses,darkroom,office and etc., especially when the plant needs extra light when raining,snowing,dark indoor and so on, will give your plants considerate care
- Full Spectrum - Barrina LED grow lights 2ft provide indoor plants with full-spectrum sunlight replacement. It provides the most reasonable grow light wave based on the ratio of the absorption of the plants
- Super Bright and High PPFD - Consuming only 144W with 576 LEDS totally, replace 800w general plant lights. Over 95% light energy can be absorbed by plants. The light efficiency can be increased by 17~20% with reflector. The shell of our light was made of 100% aluminum which provides the high-efficiency heat dissipation. Ensuring the longer service life of the led chips
- Easy Installation - With included tape, clips and cable ties, you could install the lights by yourself in minutes. You could link up to 12 led grow light strips in a series, saving your installation cost and time
- Eyes Protection - This grow light are suitable for planting plants in any indoor application. Sunlight white color temperature makes your eyes feel comfortable. It works extremely well for your plant grow tents, plant grow shelves, seedling cultivation, hydroponic rooms, greenhouses, etc
- What You Get - 2 years warranty. Please contact seller if you have any problem. 6 x Barrina LED Grow lights, 3 x Power cords with ON/OFF switch, 5 x Connecting Cords(48''), 6 x Small Connectors, 24x Installation Clips, 12 x Tapes, 24 x cable ties
- HIGH QUALITY LED GROW LIGHT: KingLED grow light has adopted the newest LEDs and to provide high PAR output, high energy efficiency with 2.8 umol/J while improving light penetration. Perfect for 2x2ft vegetative coverage and 2x2ft flowering coverage
- FULL SPECTRUM LED GROW LIGHT: The proportion of the spectrum has been adjusted in order to provide more matching spectrum for MJ, provides full spectrum lighting of natural light for plants, veg and bloom modes are designed to provide proper light for plants in different growth stages from seedling to flowering to greatly increase your harvest.
- COST-EFFECTIVE LED GROW LIGHT: Different from the traditional HPS, Our KP1000 LED light adopts a high-tech SMD LEDs and reflector technology , compares to traditional 400W HPS/MH while consuming only 110W! It provides brighter light and save more electricity which also can save a lot of money for you
- DURABLE LED GROW LIGHT:Multiple high-speed mute fans and upgraded aluminum radiators enable the light bulb to work at 50°F to 60°F that is lower than other lamps. In a lower temperatures, your plant won’t be burned which could increase your lighting time and promote plant growth, Super long use time, so that you do not have to change the light frequently
- PROFESSIONAL SERVICE: 3 years Professional Service and free return for 90 days. KingLED Laboratory has more than seven years of sales with after-sale service team professional in design, sales and production for the best products and service for the majority of customers. If you have any questions, please contact us freely, and we will reply within 24 hours to provide you a satisfactory result
- Wider Cover Area Plant Light: Our 2 pack 11.8'' * 3.9'' plant lamps are made of pure aluminum alloy with excellent heat dissipation, it can cover a wider illumination area and more plants, magnificently improve the light coverage and your planting efficiency. Your plants great partner!
- Full Spectrum Bright Grow Lamp: These new full spectrum grow lights feature with 270 LEDs which emit all wavelengths from 380nm to 780nm, similar to natural sunlight, with higher PAR output, and provide uniform light for your plants. They are suitable for all plants at all growing stages, such as herbs, succulents, orchids, etc. Help your plants grow vigorously year-round.
- 24-hour Timing Cycle Function: These LED grow light strips have a circular memory timer function and can be set to 4, 8, 12 hours as plants’ needs. When it is supplied with uninterrupted power, it can automatically turn on/off and no more manually operation everyday. Even if you go on vacation or work, the light panel will take good care of your plants, very easy & convenient!
- 10 Dimmable Options & 3 Lighting Modes : The grow lights have 10 levels of dimmable options：10% - 100%, saving electricity while also ensuring the light needs of plant growth. They also has 3 lighting modes - one light on, the other light on or both lights on, allowing you to controll the light coverage freely. Give your plants better care by giving them the proper light intensity they desire!
- Simple Design & Easy to Use: These thin plant light panels come with double-sided tapes and twit ties. Minimalist design fits various fixtures and surfaces. Specially designed for plant lovers who own shelves, bookshelves, cabinets, glass greenhouses, and so on. Hidden installation is more suitable for home decoration.
3. Nutrients and fertilizers
Some cannabis plant growers, especially new ones, assume that feeding their young plants with too many nutrients and fertilizers help grow weed with more potency. On the contrary, too many nutrients and fertilizers affect the crops negatively. The best way to start growing your cannabis is by starting with no nutrients until the crops are about a month old.
Adding fertilizers to the soil affects the pH levels, so it is crucial to maintain regular tests to ensure that the pH levels are at the required levels. If the pH levels are not right, nutrient absorption will be poor, leading to weak buds with low potency. Before harvesting, you should reduce nutrient and fertilizer intake to allow the buds to attain the weed’s natural scents and taste.
Too many nutrients and fertilizers during the last days of the flowering stage dilute the weed’s real taste, scent, and potency. The essential nutrients that you should ensure your cannabis gets, especially during the flowering phase, are nitrogen, phosphorous, and potassium. Other important nutrients are-
- Get your garden going with FoxFarm Grow Big, our liquid concentrate fertilizer that supports lush vegetative growth.
- FoxFarm Big Bloom Liquid Plant Food is formulated for use on all plants and can be used every time you water. OMRI Listed and Registered CDFA Organic Input Material.
- FoxFarm Tiger Bloom is a phosphorus fertilizer that contains nitrogen to support vigorous growth. FoxFarm Tiger Bloom is designed to encourage abundant fruit, flower and multiple bud development.
- FoxFarm Big Bloom, FoxFarm Grow Big, and FoxFarm Tiger Bloom, together at last. Designed to work together to support vigorous growth, multiple bud development and abundant fruit.
- Twin Canaries Conversion Chart included with every order.
- 500 ml bundle set
- Lush, sturdy growth from 3-part nutrients designed specifically for high value
- 3 part solution: You get advanced nutrients bloom, micro and grow
- State-of-the-art carrier molecules to ensure their plants get the maximum amount of nutrients
- You will never have to worry about your pH again
- This starter pack is intended to get you off the ground with your garden. It contains four of our tried-and-true fertilizer products that successful growers, on all scales, have come to depend on.
- Made from the highest quality ingredients, specifically formulated to save you time and money. For use in soil, coco and all hydroponic mediums.
- It’s essential to provide the right nutrients at the right stages of growth. Growth Science will walk you through those steps with this, cost-effective starter pack.
- Each pack contains 5 bottles. 1 pint of Base A, 2 pints of Base B, 1 pint of Solid start, and 1 pint of rock solid
- Base A and B form the foundation of the Growth Science system. Together they provide your plants with essential macro and micro nutrients essential for growth.
- Larger, heavier, denser flowers
- Flowers with more essential oils, aromatics, terpenoids, phenols and other potency factors
- Measurable, significant increases in overall harvest weight and market value
- No assembly required
- Complete Pack: Cronk Nutrients Big Bud Kit includes 5 different types of indoor / outdoor plant fertilizers which help your plants undergo healthy development.
- Maximize Yields: The Big Bud Kit is a must-have for professional gardeners and hobbyists, this liquid fertilizer helps keep your plants healthy and maximizes yields.
- Wide Applications: Cronk Nutrients Big Bud Kit is ideal for use with all types of growing mediums, such as indoor potting soil, coco coir, or hydroponics!
- Premium Ingredients: At Cronk Nutrients, we only use quality ingredients in all of our products. Our Big Bud Kit includes all the essential nutrients you need to get started on your growing journey, plus some extra supplements to give you a boost!
- Made for growers by growers: Cronk Nutrients was created by passionate growers who understand what it takes to create the best plant fertilizer possible for all types of plants
Some cannabis growers harvest their crops too early, maybe because they are excited to reap their hard labor benefits too fast. Unfortunately, with cannabis plants, everyday matters, and harvesting earlier than usual will give you buds without their full development and potency levels. It would be best if you allowed your cannabis plants to mature.
Buds harvested early also come with other problems that include racing thoughts and headaches. It would help if you harvested the Sativa strains when they are about 10 weeks after flowering, while the Indica are best when they are 8 weeks after flowering. Some of the telltale signs that it is time to harvest your weed are a strong smell, sticky flowers, and yellowing of leaves.
Read next: When and How to Harvest Marijuana
Excitement can also make some cannabis growers dry their weed too quickly for the same reasons they want to harvest earlier than the maturity date. If you want your buds to attain high potency, slow dry them for two to three days. In some cases, drying should go for even up to 10 days.
Drying should also take place immediately after harvesting. Before drying your buds, you should make sure you know all the proper drying methods to eliminate the possibility of ending up with bad buds with mold and low potency.
After you are sure your buds are dry after the slow drying processing, they are now ready for the next step, curing. During the curing process, buds process their taste and smell naturally. Curing involves putting the buds in airtight mason jars and burping them daily for the next two weeks.
The burping provides the buds with fresh bursts of air, which plays an important part in the process and increases potency. Curing also helps the buds regain their cannabis smell lost during the drying process and reduce the harsh and green taste. For the best result, cure the buds for at least two weeks.
7. Exposure to pollen
Exposure of the buds to pollen from a hermie plant or male cannabis leads to the buds’ development of seeds. If the seeds are few, they will not have a huge effect on the bud potency.
However, if the buds contain many seeds or are very seedy, it means that the pollination was heavy, which leads to weak buds because the plants put more effort into producing seeds than it did in making trichomes.
8. The incorrect ratio of THC to CBD
Cannabis contains compounds that produce hundreds and individually change the effects of the buds. The most common are terpenes and cannabinoids. Different cannabis strains have varying effects depending on the type of compounds they carry.
If you have a cannabis strain with high CBD levels, it will not allow the buds to have any psychedelic effects irrespective of the THC levels on the bud. If you want weed with potent mental effects, you should choose strains with low CBD levels. If you are looking for strains with medicinal values, choose buds with high CBD levels.
9. Using the same strain repeatedly
Getting used to using the same strain, especially from the same harvest, could sometimes put you in a comfort zone. It could also lead to a feeling of low potency from the strain over time because the effects are one with your system.
If you want to maximize your weed potency and strength, you should change your strains regularly. However, if you do not want to feel messed up from using a stronger strain, you can continue using what your system adheres to with ease.
How to Increase Weed Strength after Harvesting, Drying, and Curing
If your weed is weak, do not panic because you can do several things to make it stronger. However, you have to note that the methods do not come with a complete guarantee that they will work to your satisfaction. If the buds are fresh, you have a better chance of strengthening the potency of your weed.
1. Turn your buds into hash.
One of the best solutions for increasing your weed strength is by turning some of the buds into hash, especially if you have a large harvest of buds with less potent buds. It would help if you worked on a large harvest to separate the buds for hash and other uses. The best way to get hash out of the buds is by using the dry ice method because it has less wastage than other methods.
The dry ice method involves placing buds in a bag containing dry ice that freezes the buds’ trichomes. Shake the bag to allow all the hash and trichomes to settle at the bottom of the bag. Mix or sprinkle the hash over the remaining buds to increase their potency.
Read next: How To Make Bubble Hash
2. Smoke or vape ground whole buds
Grinding buds makes a huge difference from breaking the same with your fingers, especially if you using whole nugs. Grinding comes in handy if you are smoking or vaping the buds. Smoking or vaping strengthens weed potency, but only if you use ground buds.
The difference between ground buds and broken buds is 10% potency, with the high going to the latter. Another advantage of vaporizing is that you can use the vaped buds to make other hard-hitting potent weed, such as edibles. Edibles have a metabolization that makes the high stronger and longer lasting.
3. Eat a mango
As strange as this seems, eating a mango really does help strengthen your weed potency. The mango is one of the essential miracle fruits loaded with antioxidants. They help in fighting several diseases, and they contain enzymes that help with the digestive system and smooth the skin.
If you want to strengthen the potency of your weed, you should accompany it with mango. When you eat a mango an hour before or after smoking weed, the terpenes trigger the THC in the buds, providing you with a better high.
4. Drink some tea
Another way of increasing your weed strength is by drinking black or green tea before using weed. Tea contains flavonoids, antioxidants that help the body to relax. The antioxidants also reduce inflammations and provide a way for weed to produce stronger and longer-lasting effects.
5. Boost the circulation by exercising
Exercising is another way of increasing the strength of your weed. Vigorous exercises before or after smoking weed boost your circulation, which in turn allows cannabis to work more effectively.
6. Take a much-needed break.
Taking a break from using weed cleans up the system for a while, which also levels your tolerance. When you start using weed again after the break, weed will feel stronger. You can restart with a different strain from the one you were using before the break for a better high.
7. Use weed in moderation
One of the best ways to increase the strength of your weed is by using it in moderation. If you are a chronic and heavy user, the effects, flavor, and aroma become dull with time. Some people prefer to drink beer using a toke for relaxation and reduction of anxiety.
Moderating by drinking beer or something else with the same relaxation effects paves the way for THC to take effect. You have to remember, though, that beer is an inebriant.
8. Keep a journal
Keeping a journal of all your cannabis experiences helps you to analyze what each strain made you feel. In the journal, record the method used to consume your weed, the strain, time of day you used, and the social situation under which you used your weed.
Describe the duration, high, and effect. Keeping a journal will allow you to change into another strain different from your regular high that may lead to a better feeling. It will also help you to change the methods you use when taking your weed.
Wrapping it up
If you want to get more strength and potency from your weed, you should follow the above techniques. The majority of the techniques are the usual traditional methods of growing healthy cannabis plants. Maintain a healthy practice that includes proper lighting, watering, and keeping proper temperature and humidity levels are important for big buds’ growth with high potency.
After the flowering phase, you should also harvest weed at the right time, dry, and cure to release cannabis scent, potency, and aroma. Vigilance throughout the process guarantees you high yields with stronger potency. If you still want to make your weed strong after the growth process, you can still do so using several methods that include turning buds into hash, exercising, taking tea, eating a mango, and taking a break.