Advancements in technology have seen cannabis farmers migrate from the traditional lights to modern grow lights such as LEDs, CFLs, and Plasma grow light, to name a few. But this shift does not necessarily mean that traditional grow lamps do not have anything to offer. It is their old fashion nature that makes them a great light to use.
For example, since HPS grow lights have been available for a very long time, they are now considerably cheap than LED grow lights providing the same wattage. The grow lights are very effective as they give your plants a light spectrum that supports flowering. It is for this reason that several large scale cannabis growers prefer to stick to an HPS grow light. They have an immense reputation for maximizing plant yields.
Additionally, there is enough information about the HPS grow lights after several years of use and documentation, making it easy to predict what to expect when choosing a lamp to use. You can, therefore, select the best grow light for your farm, depending on the conditions that you want to achieve. If you wish for an 600 watt HPS grow lights that can deliver the best results to your farm, here are some that you should consider getting.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our Top Picks 600w Hps Mh Grow Light
- 1.1 iPower 600 Watt HPS MH Digital Dimmable Grow Light System
- 1.2 VIVOSUN Hydroponic 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Air Cooled Reflector Kit
- 1.3 EyeHortilux 600-Watt Super HPS Grow Bulb
- 1.4 Yield Lab Horticulture 1000w HPS MH Grow Light
- 2 Summing up
Our Top Picks 600w Hps Mh Grow Light
iPower 600 Watt HPS MH Digital Dimmable Grow Light System
If you are looking for an HPS grow lamp made of top quality materials at a low cost, then the iPower 600W HPS Digital Dimmable Grow Light System is the best solution for you. The iPower grow kit contains everything you need to start using your lamp. The set consists of a reflector, ballast, timer, bulbs, and hangers. It comes with a dimmable feature that allows you to reduce the amount of light by 50 or 75 percent. It can use HPS bulbs with a light intensity of 2100K or MH bulbs of 6000K. The light spectrum from the bulbs leads to high plant yield. The HPS light bulbs you use may last for 24,000 hours, while the MH bulbs you use can last for 15,000 hours. The light fixture has a fast ignition feature that allows your bulb to light up within 1 to 2 minutes. The ballast helps to provide the lamps with a stable voltage preventing the bulbs from flickering, thereby improving their lifespan.
- It is very cost-friendly
- It comes with all you need to set up, install, and start using.
- It uses bulbs that have long lifespans
- It comes with a dimmable feature that allows you to control the amount of light you need for your farm
- The grow light delivers a high plant yield
- The grow light comes with a one year warranty
- The grow lamp produces tons of heat that makes it necessary to have an exhaust system.
VIVOSUN Hydroponic 600 Watt HPS MH Grow Light Air Cooled Reflector Kit
The VIVOSUN Hydroponic Grow Light Air Cooled Reflector Kit is a premium product committed to providing the best indoor environment for the growth of your plants. The lighting fixture uses both an HPS and MH bulb together to provide your plants with a full spectrum light that resembles that from the sun. It comes with a digital ballast with a dimmable feature giving you control over the amount of light that you need for your plants. It comes with an internal fan that helps to get rid of 25 percent heat generated, improving the service life of the lamps. The grow light comes with a reflective hood made of highly reflective aluminum that increases the reflectivity of the light by 20 percent more than the standard reflectors.
- The fixture uses bulbs with a high PAR value promoting the flowering phase of your plants
- The grow light produces a full spectrum light of superior quality
- It comes with everything you require to set it up
- It has a dimmable feature that gives you control over the amount of grow light your plants need.
- The grow light is highly effective in increasing your plant yields
- The bulbs may burn out after several months of use
EyeHortilux 600-Watt Super HPS Grow Bulb
If you consider performance when choosing a grow light, the EyeHortilux 600-Watt Super HPS Grow Bulb is one of the best HPS grow light with a show better than similar grow lights. The grow light has a high PAR output and lumen. Tests reveal that they have one of the highest PPFD. The EyeHortilux Grow Bulb produces a steady light that can maximize your plant’s yields. You will get 25 percent more energy than other HPS lamps.
- It promotes the vigorous growth of your plants
- It uses lead-free lamps with less mercury than the standard lamps
- The grow light is very reliable
- You have to replace the bulb after every 9 to 12 months of use.
Yield Lab Horticulture 1000w HPS MH Grow Light
It is easy to use a product that many indoor farmers trust, and the Yield Lab Horticulture 1000w HPS Grow Light is one such light. The grow light can use an HPS bulb together with an MH bulb to provide your plants with a color spectrum that supports the vegging and flowering phases of your plants. The grow light comes with a Yield Lab Slim Line ballast that has a Cooling mechanism that is faster than that of any other ballast. It also has a dimmable feature of 50 to 100 percent of the light power. Their most distinguishable feature is the air cool hood reflector that provides optimum coverage to plants that grow under it. The hood comes with duct ports that allow for the connection of a fan and filter. The grow light comes with everything you need to install and connect the light. There is also an easy to follow guidebook that will take you through the whole installation and operational guide. It comes with a three-year warranty on the ballast and one year warranty for the bulb.
- You can use either HPS or MH bulbs
- The grow lamps produce a supper light that supports plants vegetative and flowering phase
- It has a ballast that has a dimmable feature allowing you to control the light your plants require.
- Its inbuilt cooling mechanism helps to prevent the amount of heat
- It produces too much heat. It would be best if you did not place the plants under your plants for long hours since the heat may cause damage preventing photosynthesis of the plant and halting the growth.
Read next: Hydrofarm Grow Light System Reviews
When choosing a good HPS MH Grow Light to use on your farm, you need to consider more than just the price of the grow tent. You should consider the amount of power the lamp requires to operate, the size of the coverage area, the type of ballast the grow light has, and the measures to control the heat that you have put in place. Every HPS grow light is well known to produce tremendous amounts of heat. You need to have a proper ventilation system in place to control the grow room temperature and prevent your plants from burning up. Other than that, An HPS grow light is indeed one of the most effective lighting solutions you may require for your indoor farm if you want to get an abundant harvest.