Greenhouse gardening is a widespread practice in almost all parts of the world. It is also a profitable gardening practice as long as the grower uses all the right gardening tools, products, and mediums to grow their crops. In the beginning, it might not be apparent, especially when it comes to choosing the best greenhouse grow lights to use, among other essential products. However, once you learn about the features of the grow lights required for greenhouse gardening, you will never look back, and you can grow whatever you want whenever you want.
Natural sunlight is the cheapest and primary source of light for growing plants. Some people are lucky to receive natural sunlight throughout the year, making it easier for the crops. However, many more live in areas that go through seasons where access to natural sunlight is impossible, especially during the cold winter days. Plants derive their energy from light, and if there is none available from the sun, the only other option is to improvise, and the best choice is a grow light.
Choosing the best greenhouse grow lights for your indoor growing space provides you with all-year-round gardening opportunities. When your crops cannot access the natural light from the sun during the cold winter weather, you can use grow lights to mimic the natural light. Besides lighting, they also provide the crops with the much-needed heat and energy they need to thrive.
Our review of the best greenhouse grow lights will give you the opportunity of developing high-quality plants with larger yields.
Our Top Picks
GE BR30 LED Grow Lights for Indoor Plants
The GE BR30 LED Grow Lights provides different greenhouse and other indoor plants with a natural environment of the perfectly balanced light spectrum that they need to thrive. The grow light uses red and blue light wavelengths that facilitate all the plant’s growth processes and photosynthesis creation. The energy consumption of the grow light is one of the lowest in the market.
At only 9 watts, you do not have to worry about paying hefty electricity bills at the end of the month. It has a PPF of 60 micromoles per minute, and it is suitable for both low-light plants and high-light plants. Some of the plants that thrive well under this greenhouse grow light include tomatoes, cannabis, cucumbers, pepper, succulents, flowers, and herbs.
The grow light also comes with an easy setup and ease of use, even for first-time growers. It is affordable, lightweight, and easily portable.
- Ideal for crops that need high light as well as those that need low light indoor plants
- It consumes only 9 watts making it energy efficient
- It comes with an easy to set up and ease of use
- Its PPF output is high
- It does not provide the intense light required by some plants
Hytekgro LED Grow Light 45W Plant Lights
The Hytekgro LED Grow Light 45W Plant Lights come in a pack of two, each providing three by three feet coverage. They are especially suitable for anyone running a medium-sized greenhouse or grow tent. The grow lights consist of red, blue, and white LEDs, and they provide the crops with full-spectrum light from their seeding to the flowering stage.
Furthermore, they are some of the most straightforward lights to set up as they come with an upgraded hanging bracket system that allows you to put them up in a minute. They are also sturdy and come with a convenient 59-inch power cord that allows further two feet coverage.
The grow lights panel is an ABS plastic material that provides excellent heat control, making them run cool, preventing plant burn, and light overheating. Performance is quiet, power consumption is low, and you get value for money from the value-pack two-pack set. Lastly, the grow lights come with a 30-day satisfaction and money-back guarantee as well as a 12-month warranty.
- Value pack set of two grow lights
- Ease of installation
- Large coverage area
- Provide full spectrum light from red, blue, and white LEDs
- Long power cord for more coverage
- Quiet performance
- Easy installation
- Perfect heat control from the abs panel material
- Light is too bright for the naked eye
Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLC32D Compact Fluorescent Spiral Grow Lamp, 32 Watt, 6400K
If you are doing greenhouse gardening for the first time, you will need a grow light that comes at an affordable price and outstanding efficiency. The Agrobrite Fluorescent Grow Light Bulb is an energy-saving 26-watt bulb, equivalent to a 130-watt incandescent bulb. The CFL bulb has a color spectrum made up of blue and white lights that provide the crops with the light output required for their vegetative phase.
The color combination is also ideal for other stages of growth. The grow light has a unique spiral shape, and it comes with a medium base that fits most standard lighting fixtures. It has a 10,000-hour lifespan and UL listed, making it safe and reliable to use.
- Durable and affordable
- It fits standard light fixtures
- Energy saving
- Great light color combination ideal for all stages of growth
- Lifespan of 10,000 hours
- UL-listed making it reliable and safe for both crops and growers
- Does not have a long lifetime as per the claims
Feit Electric A19/GROW/LEDG2/BX 60W
The Feit Electric A19 is a 60-watt grow light designed with the industry’s newest features, replaces the traditional greenhouse grow lights. The lights deliver enough light spectrum for a variety of indoor plants from their seedling to flowering stages. Moreover, the spectrum wavelengths come from color-combination lights that help with photosynthesis creation and healthy growth.
Besides indoor greenhouse gardening, the energy-efficient bulb is suitable for aquaponics and hydroponics gardening. The bulb emits more lighting than the standard LED bulb, with less heat production and less energy consumption. It accelerates crop growth, and its brightness is enough to light up any room with a warm attractive glow.
The grow light is FCC compliant, and UL listed making it safe and reliable to use. The parent company also follows the highest standards and regulations to provide growers with products that come with optimal safety and performance.
- Designed with advanced features to replace the regular bulb
- Provides color combination wavelengths for full spectrum suitable for photosynthesis and crop healthy growth
- FCC compliant and UL listed
- Prevents lamp burns with its cool lamp operation
- Energy efficient
- It is the equivalent of 65-watt incandescent bulbs
- Some of the users feel the heat is not enough for some of the indoor plants
- No ideal for large greenhouse growing spaces
Sun System Grow Lights – HPS 150W
One of the best greenhouse grow lights with intensity light lamps is the HPS 150-watt Sun System Grow Lights. The light unit is compact and one of the easiest to use irrespective of the grower’s gardening skill or scale of the grow space. The high-intensity lamps discharge 16,000 lumens, which is sufficient for growing a variety of greenhouse plants ranging from cucumbers, veggies, flowers, cannabis, and herbs from their seedling to the flowering phase.
Besides the fantastic output, the grow light has a unique lamp design that you do not find in other similar units. The light, specially designed to meet all the light requirements of most or all greenhouse and indoor plants. The Ultra-Sun lamps utilize the advanced version of HPS Technology. Each of the lamps includes an insulated ceramic plate and a durable armature made with stainless steel.
The features protect the lamp from damage caused by any acoustic resonance from high-frequency ballast and harmonic distortion. Additionally, the grow light has a high-temperature rating ideal for plants, especially during their flowering and fruiting phases. Other features of the grow light include on/off backlit, vented housing for heat dissipation, 7-feet power cord, two year-warranty for 150 w fixture, and a one-year warranty for the bulb.
- Reliable and durable construction
- Two-year warranty for the 150 w HPS fixture and one-year warranty for the bulb
- Highly efficient with the generation of sufficient light for all stages of plant growth
- High power output of 16,000 lumens
- It comes with garden scale and plants adaptability
- Heat dissipation provided by a vented housing
- Easy to use
- It does not come with a ventilation or cooling system
- It generates too much heat
- It does not have a ballast for regulating the energy input
- High-energy consumption
- Best Led Grow Lights
- Best CFL Grow Lights
- 1000 Watt Led Grow Lights
- UFO LED Grow Lights
- 600 Watt HPS Grow Lights
- Tomato Grow Lights
- Grow Lights For Houseplants
- Led Grow Light Bulbs
- 400W LED Grow Light
- 150W LED Grow Lights
- COB LED Grow Light
- Best T5 Grow Lights
- 300W LED grow Lights
- Best Led Grow Lights For Succulents
- 100W Led Grow Lights
- Best HPS Grow Lights
- 4ft Led Grow Light
- Plasma Grow Lights
- Best CMH Grow Lights
- HID Grow Lights
- 200 Watt LED Grow Light
- 250W LED Grow Light
- Cheap LED Grow Lights
- Bonsai Grow Light
- 500 Watt LED Grow Light
- T8 Led Grow Lights
- Solar Powered Grow Lights
Wrapping it up
The best greenhouse grow lights come with features that allow farmers to cultivate different indoor crops throughout the year. They mimic the natural sunlight by utilizing the suitable light color combination wavelengths for full spectrum that encourages photosynthesis and crop growth.
Many of the grow lights, especially those from our list above, are energy-efficient, durable, easy to use, and definitely. They offer extended hours of service, and their full light spectrum is suitable for plants from their seedling stage to their fruiting and flowering phases.
- Full Spectrum (Yellow Color): Barrina T5 grow lights 1ft provide indoor plants with full-spectrum sunlight replacement. We provide the most reasonable grow light wave based on the ratio of the absorption of the plant.
- Super Bright and High PPFD: Consuming only 20W with 96 LEDs totally, replace 120W general plant lights. Over 95% light energy can be absorbed by plants. This mini growing lamp 1ft is a great option for plants that in seedling, vegetative and flowering cycle.
- Separately Controllable: Each t5 grow lights fixtures have on off switch on the surface of housing, controlling the lights separately or together according PPFD that plants need.
- Easy Install: With included Double-sided Tapes, clips and cable ties, you could install the lights by yourself in minutes. Plug and play, and you could link up to 16 lights in a series, saving your installation cost and time.
- What You Get: 2 years warranty. 4 x Barrina T5 Grow Lights, 2 x Power Cords with ON/OFF Switch, 4 x Connecting Cords(20''), 4 x Small Connectors, 8 x Installation Clips, 12 x Double-sided Tapes, 12 x Cable Ties.