Before we start to discuss more about COB LED grow lights, it is important to know that they are actually something truly special if you want to grow your plants indoors. Especially for the cannabis plants, COB LED lights have proven to be possibly the best way of indoor cannabis growth by far. They started as a ‘’bad idea’’ but eventually, COB LED lights have turned to be pretty awesome and best option.
Table of Contents
- 1 Top COB LED Grow Light- Comparison Chart
- 2 About COB LED in general-What Is A COB LED?
- 3 Advantages of Cob Led for the cannabis plant growing
- 4 Best Cob Led Light For Your Marijuana Garden
- 4.1 AGLEX 600W COB LED Grow Light
- 4.2 Hipargero 1200W COB LED Grow Lights
- 4.3 CF grow 800W Dimmable COB LED Grow Light
- 4.4 CANAGROW 400W CREE CXB3590 COB LED Grow Light
- 4.5 Roleadro COB Led Grow Light
- 4.6 Relassy 150w Waterproof COB LED Grow Light
- 4.7 CF Grow Waterproof 300W LED COB Grow Light
- 4.8 Anjeet 800W COB LED Grow Light
- 4.9 Macegrow 900W COB grow light
- 4.10 Niello 600W COB grow Light
- 4.11 Phlizon Cree Cob Series 2000W LED Grow Light
- 5 Do it yourself – COB LED Grow Light Methods
- 6 COB LED Grow Light Buyer’s Guide
- 7 COB vs. Other LED Grow lights
- 8 Conclusion
- 9 Inforgraphic
Top COB LED Grow Light- Comparison Chart
About COB LED in general-What Is A COB LED?
The word COB is actually short of Chip-on-Board and the COB LED lights are specially designed lights with LED chips that are mounted directly into a substrate in order to form a single module. Since multiple LEDs are wired and put all together, they basically form one light source.
Therefore, when a COB LED is powered by electricity, it appears to be more like a lighting panel and not like a multiple individual lights. That is the main difference between COB LED lights and other LED packages.
Anyhow, COB LED lights are able to provide lots of benefits for their users and that is something that makes them truly special and a little bit more valuable than other LED packages. Let’s see some of those advantages.
COB LED lights are electrically efficient
First of all, when you use light methods for growing purposes, you tend to get the best light for your plants. Therefore, COB LED lights provide better amount of photosynthetic active photons that plants need for their growth. Simply speaking, with COB LED lights, your plants will grow faster and definitely, they will be healthier.
It is known that LED lights have a longer lifespan than regular lights, but, with the COB LED lights technology, you can expect your light bulb to be even more durable and long-lasting. It might be a little bit expensive at the start, since COB LED lights require high initial investment, but after a while, you will be benefiting a lot from them. Simply put, with COB LED lights, you won’t have to worry about their lifespan.
Improved quality of the light
Possibly the main reason why COB LED grow lights made it to the top of the quality charts so fast is the fact that they provide HIGH color rendering index and broad spectrum. The Color Rendering Index describes the change of the light’s color when it interacts with the object. Simply speaking, the higher the CRI, thing will look more realistic for sure.
Anyhow, let’s get to the advantages of COB LED lights that affect the cannabis grow in general.
Advantages of Cob Led for the cannabis plant growing
Now, we are going to see all the advantages of COB LED grow lights when it comes to the cannabis grow. Anyhow, since there are lots of different ways to analyze these advantages, we will simply list them for you to see. Let’s start.
- The Heat – The COB LED grow lights are not producing almost any heat and therefore, they don’t damage the plants. Other light systems are actually pretty much hot when they are on for more than one hour. But, with the COB LED grow lights that is not a case. You can literally touch them and nothing will happen.Also, since there will be no burning of the filament, COB LED grow lights are definitely the best solution and recommendable choice for cannabis growth. You can put LED lights 30-45 cm above the plants and they will work wonders.
- The Color Spectrums – Since all of the light spectrums are required to grow a healthy cannabis plant, COB LED grow lights are here to provide that. We all know that light spectrum that cannabis plant requires goes from blue to red, therefore, COB LED grow lights are delivering something in between that, a mixture of blue and red, which is almost perfect for cannabis growth.If you want your plant to be healthy and to grow big, it is highly recommendable to get the COB LED grow lights, since you can’t go wrong with them.
- Durability – The COB LED grow lights are pretty durable and they last for a longer period of time than regular lights. This is because of their special design and quality of the materials that they are made of. Anyhow, COB LED grow lights are able to last more than 55.000 hours, which makes them pretty long-lasting.With this much life time, you won’t need any substitutes or secondary lights for your healthy cannabis growth.
Best Cob Led Light For Your Marijuana Garden
AGLEX 600W COB LED Grow Light
The AGLEX 600W is familiar to many cannabis growers due to its power despite being a cheap LED grow light. The COB series light provides you with a full spectrum light with double sets of IR and UV light wavelengths. The light spectrum is close in proximity to that of the sun. The lamp has a square shape design with LED chips at the front and a high-speed cooling fan at the back. It has two aluminum heat sinks that add on to the cooling mechanism of the light fixture, reducing the amount of heat the lamp produces and increasing the lifetime of the grow light. It also features reflectors set at 90-degrees that ensure 98 percent of the light bounces to the plants increasing their growth rate.
The lamp has both bloom and Veg switches that you can use for the different growing phases to provide your plants with the necessary type of light for a healthy and plentiful harvest. You can connect more than one lamp using a daisy chain feature removing the worry of having messy wires hanging all over your grow room. Since the grow light uses double chip LEDs, it can provide your plants with a powerful light without using excessive electricity, helping you to reduce the overall costs as well as the growing time. Once you purchase the light fixture, you will receive a package that contains a hanging hook kit, a power cord, and a user manual. The company provides you with a 3-year guarantee and has a friendly customer service that can respond to any query you may have regarding the product.
Benefits of the AGLEX 600W COB LED Grow Light
- The use of double chip LEDs and its high power ensures that the light has a close resemblance to sunlight.
- Its cooling system consists of aluminum heat sinks that are effective at cooling the lamp.
- It has big fans that are high-speed and noiseless.
- It produces a full spectrum light that has essential light wavelengths for plants
- It comes with a daisy chain mechanism that allows the connection of more than one lamp.
- It has dimmable switches that you can use to control the brightness of the light to be in favor of either the bloom or Veg phase.
- Its three years warranty gives you the confidence you need to use the grow light comfortable without any worry whatsoever.
Disadvantages of the AGLEX 600W COB LED Grow Light
- When you compare it to its competitors, its lifespan is shorter, at only 50,000 operational hours.
- The body of the light fixture is not waterproof
Hipargero 1200W COB LED Grow Lights
Hipargero 1200W is a grow light that is designed to provide your indoor plants with the ultimate performance. The grow light uses six pieces of 3000K high power COBs that deliver full-spectrum light in the range of 380nm to 730nm. It is ideal for use through all the stages of your cannabis growth. The lamp also has an additional 24 pcs of 3W Osram LEDs that increase the amount of light through the flowering and planting phases for an overall good plant yield. The LEDs in use are of top quality, unlike the cheap models that burn-out within a few months of use. The system has a powerful cooling mechanism that involves two high-speed fans, a built-in aluminum cooling sink, and high-heat conducting iron shells that help to transfer the internal heat to the outside. The cooling system helps to keep the LEDs cool and increase the working life of the lamp.
It comes with double switches for both Veg and Flowering stages which do not affect the amount of power the device uses. The Hipargero 200W COB LED Grow Light consumes only 360 Watts power, but you can use it in the place of an 800W HPS/MH grow lamp. It can ideally cover an area of 4ft by 4ft that has plants in their vegetative stage and an area of 3ft by 3ft with plants in their flowering phase. The lamp comes with a daisy chain feature that allows you to connect more than one light unit for convenience. All the lamps go through thorough testing before the factory releases them to the market.
The grow light comes with a one year guarantee and a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can contact the company if you have any problems or inquiries and receive a reply within 24 hours from their highly reliable customer care personnel’s.
Benefits of the Hipargero 1200W COB LED Grow Light
- It produces a full spectrum light that you can use throughout all the stages of your cannabis growth.
- Since it uses Osram LEDs and High-power Epileds, the quality of light it produces is highly reliable and helps increase the plant’s yields.
- Its powerful cooling system helps to increase the working life of the lamp.
- The lamp comes with both bloom and Veg switches that you can use to control the amount of light you provide your plants.
- It has a daisy chain feature that you can use to connect several lamps and have them run from a single power outlet. You, therefore, do not need to purchase several power cords.
- The lamp is highly power-efficient as it uses only 360Watts of power but can compete directly with an 800W HPS grow light.
Disadvantages of the Hipargero 1200W COB LED Grow Light
- It has a brief warranty period when you compare it to its competitors in the market.
- Some users have noted it to be slightly noisy when in use.
CF grow 800W Dimmable COB LED Grow Light
The CF grow 800W COB Grow Light is one of the best low budgets grow lights you can find in the market today. It is popular among cannabis growers looking to save on costs as they start producing marijuana. The fixture has a new design that combines the 150W Citizen COB LED with the 250W Bridgelux custom LED. The Citizen LED provides a 3500K light wavelength that is best for use during the flowering stage of the plants while you can use light by the bridgelux LED during the flowering and fruiting stages of your plants. There is an ON and OFF switch that you can use to control the Citizen COB LEDs and a dimmer knob to help you manage the Bridgelux LEDs from zero to 100 percent. This light is popular with growers that plant medicinal cannabis plants. During the seedling stage, you can adjust the Bridgelux COB to between zero and 30 percent, for the vegetative stage you can turn the LED to between 30 percent and 60 percent while during the flowering stage you can adjust it to between 60 and 100 percent. The lamp comes with a three-year warranty during which the company can change any damaged component free of charge.
Benefits of the CF grow 800W Dimmable COB Full Spectrum LED Grow Light
- It is one of the cheapest COB LED lights in the market when you compare it to its competitors.
- The grow light is highly efficient and energy-saving.
- It produces a full spectrum light that is highly reliable, and you can use for through all the plant growth stages.
- It has a quiet fan that helps cool the lamp and increase its lifespan.
- It produces a bright light with excellent penetration.
- You can expect to get higher yields within a short period.
- The LED lamp is easy to set up and install.
- The lamp utilizes top-quality components that will last for a long time before any replacement.
- Its three years warranty and the free exchange of damaged components gives you the confidence to make the purchase.
Disadvantages of the CF grow 800W Dimmable COB LED Grow Light
- The light is too bright that you need to wear safety eyewear each time you get in your grow room.
CANAGROW 400W CREE CXB3590 COB LED Grow Light
The CANAGROW 400W CXB3590 is the latest version of the CREE COB LED grow light in the market made specifically for use on indoor plants. The lamp only consumes 120Watts of power but can readily replace an 800W HPS grow light. The grow light is made up of high-quality waterproof components that ensure the device has a stable voltage and can last for a very long time. The grow light delivers a full spectrum light that helps your plants reproduce and increase in yield.
It comes with an adjustable dimmer knob that you can use to control the amount of light falling onto your plants depending on the growth phase. The lamp is strong enough to produce light that can penetrate deep into dense foliage. Once you purchase the light, you will receive 30 days to claim any refund if you find it unsatisfactory or if it does not meet your standards. It also comes with a 3-year warranty and a one year of full technical support.
Benefits of purchasing the CANAGROW 400W CXB3590 COB LED grow light
- The LED lamp is made up of high-quality materials that guarantee a long life span.
- It has a dimmable feature that gives you the control of the amount of light to use.
- It produces a full spectrum light made up of light wavelengths that you can use through all the stages of plant growth.
- The quality of light is excellent and robust enough to penetrate in thick canopies.
- The light the lamp produces is highly effective as it leads to fast plant growth and more plant yields.
Disadvantages of CANAGROW 400W CXB3590 COB LED Grow light
- The lamp is quite expensive
If the light power is your selection criteria, you should consider choosing the Roleadro 800W COB grow light. The lamp produces a powerful full-spectrum light whose results will impress you. It uses top quality Epileds that enhances the color uniformity of the light and ensures that the plants absorb the light properly. Its light spectrum contains only red and blue wavelengths that are essential for the vegetative and flowering stage of plants. It uses a patented COB system that is responsible for delivering efficient lighting. Its high PAR value and color uniformity make the lamp to be one of the top COB LED light contenders with certainty.
It has a reflector that is at a 90-degree angle to help collect light together and deliver it to the plants. The light fixture has a cooling mechanism that includes a dual-fan system that efficiently reduces the amount of heat produced. The lamp can then run continuously for 18 full hours without any disruption. The light fixture comes with a 2-year warranty and a money-back guarantee period of 30 days.
Pros and advantages:
- It is highly efficient when you compare it to the traditional HPS lights as it can readily replace a 600W HPS light while it consumes 134Watts of power.
- It is cheaper compared to its competitors, making it an excellent choice for users looking to save on cost.
- It has an appealing warranty period.
- The grow light is power efficient as it conserves energy better than its HPS counterparts.
- The device is lightweight and compact.
- It comes with a daisy chain that you can use to link up to 5 lamps together for convenience.
- It has a dual on and off feature that helps to increase the efficiency of the grow light and help conserve energy
Cons and potential flaws:
- Some users complain of some noise from the fans of the lamp
Relassy 150w Waterproof COB LED Grow Light
Relassy is a top-quality waterproof and dustproof grow light that you can use both in an indoor and outdoor setting. It has a powerful lens that comes in handy, especially during rainy or snowy days. The COB LED grow light produces a full spectrum light in the range of 380nm to 800nm, which you can use through all the stages of plant growth. The device is energy efficient as it consumes only 65W of power while it can replace a 200W HPS/MH lamp. It can last for more than 50,000 operational hours.
The lamp does not contain any fans making it ultra-thin and ultra-light. It, however, has a built-in heat dissipation IC with an integral radiating case that has a heat-dissipation coating to help maintain the temperature of the light to no more than 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The light comes with a one year warranty and 30 days to reclaim back your money if you find it unsatisfactory.
Benefits of the Relassy Full Spectrum COB LED grow light
- The lamp is one of the most affordable COB LED grow light in the market.
- It is energy efficient as it consumes a low amount of power but delivers tremendous results.
- The lamp guarantees that your plants grow at a faster rate and increase in yield.
- Since it does not contain any fans, it is very silent.
- The device is lightweight and compact due to its super thin design.
- It is waterproof and dustproof, allowing you to use it both indoors and outdoors.
- The light can last for a very long period due to its inbuilt heat dissipation mechanism.
Disadvantages of the Relassy Full Spectrum Plants Lights
- The lamps have a brief warranty period.
CF Grow Waterproof 300W LED COB Grow Light
The CF Grow 300W is a high performance grow light that is waterproof, making it suitable for use both indoors and outdoors. It produces a full spectrum light that ranges between 380nm to 780nm which you can use throughout all the growth phases. The light is, however, made to work mainly for the flowering stages. The COB light uses a Flip Chip Process technology that helps to maintain the temperature of the grow light to 120 degrees Celsius preventing the LED chips from burning.
Its cooling system does not contain any fans. Instead, it makes use of an intelligent IC that helps in the heat dissipation preventing the plants from burning. The device can work for 24 hours uninterrupted without experiencing any problems. It can last for a working period of 50,000 hours before you can make any part changes. Since the lamp does not contain any heavy components, it is lightweight, making it easy to move.
It comes with a two-year warranty during which you can get free repairing in the event the product damages.
Benefits of the CF Grow 300W COB LED Grow Light
- Its flip technology helps to prevent the burning of LEDs that you will experience when you get poor quality COB LED grow lights.
- It uses an intelligent cooling system that is more advanced than the regular fans you can find in a majority of the LED lamps.
- Since it does not have any fans, it does not make any noise during cooling.
- The device is waterproof and can withstand any weather condition. You can, therefore, use it both in your indoor and outdoor cannabis gardens.
- The lamp is lightweight and straightforward to install and use.
- It has a long lifespan.
- It produces a full spectrum light that you can use in all the growing stages.
Problems of the CF Grow 300W COB LED Grow Light
- You have to maintain a distance from the plants, or you can burn them.
Anjeet 800W COB LED Grow Light
If you want to cut on costs as you set up a lighting system, you should opt for the Anjeet 800W Full Spectrum COB LED Grow Light System. The light fixture is affordable and does not compromise when it comes to growing plants indoors. It produces a full spectrum light with a wavelength that is between 380nm to 780nm. The grow light contains a set of integrated COB LEDs that work together to improve the color uniformity and the efficiency of the luminosity of the light it produces. It has a color ratio that makes is suitable for use in both the vegetative and flowering stages of growth.
It makes use of a patented optical reflector that increases the PAR energy of its light, helping it achieve a uniform color ratio that distributed evenly over the plants. The grow light has an efficient heat dissipation method that helps to increase the lifetime of the lamp. The LED lamp is very easy to set up and use. It is even easier to replace the bulbs. It comes with a three-year warranty.
Pros and advantages:
- It produces a full spectrum light with a wavelength that is especially important to flowering and vegetative plant growth phases.
- The grow light is very affordable.
- It is highly reliable as it can reduce the grow time of your plants and help improve the yields.
- It is easy to install and operate.
- It has an extended warranty period.
- The lamp produces one of the best color ratio necessary for growing plants.
Cons and potential flaws:
- It consumes a high amount of power, 540W, which is more than most COB LEDs in the market.
Macegrow 900W COB grow light
Many cannabis growers love to use the MG900 COB LED Grow Light since it is powerful than most COB LEDs in the market. The lamp features six single LED chips all which work together to deliver a 3000K full-spectrum light that is close to that of the sun. It consumes only 260 watts of power and can deliver up to 900 watts. The lamp can readily replace a 260W HPS or HID light fixture. The fixture has seven optical lenses that are at an angle of 105 degrees and help to direct the light to the plants.
The lamp features a daisy chain control that you can use to join more than one lighting unit together. It also comes with an on and off switch that helps to improve the convenience of the lamp. It can last for a working period of 50,000 hours. The grow light has a body of both aluminum and iron that increases its durability. The device comes with a warranty period of 1 year and a 30 day period that you can claim your money.
Benefits of the MG900 COB LED Grow Lamp
- The lamp is designed to stay durable for a very long time
- It is one of the most powerful grow lights in the market today.
- It is highly efficient as it can increase your plant yields within a short time.
- It has a daisy chain feature that helps you stay organized in your grow room without wired running through everywhere.
Problems of the MG900 COB LED Grow Lamp
- Its warranty period is smaller than many grow lights
- It is not waterproof
Niello 600W COB grow Light
The Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light is one of the newest grow lights in the Niello COB D-series that is specially made to deliver a full spectrum light with a wavelength of 380nm to 780 nm to your indoor plants. The light from the lamp is highly efficient and can work on all the growth stages. It has a high PAR value more than the average led grow light. The lamp features a unique and patented reflective cup and lens design that helps in gathering the light and delivering it to the canopy of the plants in the growing area. It ensures that 98 percent of the light is used efficiently. The lighting system comes with three high-speed heat dissipation fans that work together with an in-built aluminum heat sink to get rid of the heat that the lamp produces.
The lamp also features a COB packing technology that helps you save up to 30 percent of costs during set up. The grow light comes with a two-year guarantee together with a 60 day period that you can request back your full amount if the lamp does not deliver.
Benefits of the Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light
- It comes with a highly efficient cooling system that helps to increase the lifetime value of the lamp.
- It produces a full spectrum light that can work through all the stages of plant growth.
- The light has a high PAR value and increased uniformity.
- It is energy efficient as it uses only 210W to deliver 600 lumens of light.
Problems of the Niello 600W COB LED Grow Light
- It is too bright and may damage your eyes if you do not use an eye protection gear.
- It is not waterproof
Phlizon Cree Cob Series 2000W LED Grow Light
The Phlizon COB series 2000W may be a costly grow light, but it delivers a far better spectrum of light at double the output. The lamp has LEDs that produce an equal amount of red and blue light that can work on all the stages of growth of your plants. It also provides UV and IR rays, where UV rays increase the quality of your cannabis plants by raising the levels of THC while IR rays increase the density of buds. The light can cover an area of 4.1 feet by 4.1 feet comfortably. It has a cooling system that consists of 4 fans and an aluminum sink that helps to get rid of the heat that the lamp produces efficiently. The grow lamp is more energy-efficient than any HPS/MH or HID lamps. It comes with a two-year warranty plus an extra 30 days guarantee that you can claim your money.
Benefits of the Phlizon 2000W COB LED grow light
- The lamp can produce a full spectrum light with a high PAR value
- The light is highly effective as it can deliver results on all the stages of growth
- It provides massive coverage
- It is highly energy efficient
- Its cooling system helps to control the amount of heat the lamps produce effectively.
Problems of the Phlizon 2000W COB LED grow light
- It is not waterproof
- It has a very high initial cost
Do it yourself – COB LED Grow Light Methods
Now, we are going to say something more about COB LED grow light methods and how to grow a perfect cannabis plant. We know that every cannabis plant grower wants a healthy, big, and beautiful plant, therefore, here are some ways how you can achieve that.
- Make sure to get the right light – Most of the people don’t pay attention to the quality of the lamp and their specifications. Now, in order to get the best cannabis plant, you need to focus on the quality of the light that you will use. We suggest the blue and red lights or lamps with the full spectrum 380-780 nm. This way, you will definitely provide much-needed treatment for your plant.
- Position the lights correctly – The light’s position and distance from a plant is important for growing healthy and big cannabis plants. We suggest to place lamps a little bit close, but not to close, about 50cm away from the plant will do the job. This is important because some lamps have poor cooling systems and the heat will damage the plant.
- Consider more lamps – If you want to get more cannabis plants, it is only logical to get more lamps. Therefore, you can use those lamps to create a sunlight-like area to provide your plants with the needed treatment. Also, you need to be patient and wait for the plant to grow, don’t add more lamps onto one plant since that will do almost nothing.
COB LED Grow Light Buyer’s Guide
In order to know how to pick the best COB LED light, we will simply list some of the things you need to keep your eye on. Now, let’s see those crucial things you need to take into consideration before buying one COB LED grow light.
|1||HollandStar Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 1500W Sunshine COB LED Grow Light, X5 COB LED Plant Light...||583 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|2||800W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum Including UV IR 3000K COBs 3W Osram Chips Veg and Bloom Switches...||105 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|3||COB LED Grow Light Full Spectrum, CANAGROW 100W Waterproof Grow Lights for Indoor Plants, Plant...||142 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Roleadro LED Grow Light, 600W 2nd Generation Plant Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Greenhouse...||514 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|5||300W COB Led Grow Lights Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants , 3500K Sunlike White Growing Lamp Bulb...||9 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
Consider COB LED fixtures with adjustable spectrum output
Most of the COB LED lights have wide spectrum that provides almost similar light to the sunlight. But, not all of them have the ability to adjust the spectrum output. This option will come quite handful when the plant changes stages and phases of its growth. With this, you will be able to provide your plant with the similar growing process as it were growing in the nature.
Cooling systems are important.
Every COB LED light has some kind of a cooling system. Why is that important? Well, without a cooling system, LEDs will last shorter and your plants will be damaged from the lights. Now, in order to get the healthy plant, you need to have a lamp with good cooling system. Most of the lamps have UL fans and heat dissipation features that come quite handy for every occasion.
Get COB LED fixtures with constant driver circuit
This will only ease the whole process of plant growth. You will be able to rest your head when you have a lamp with constant driver circuit. Most of the lamps have a proper LED driver that supply a constant current and it regulates the intensity of the light. Also, this is in a close connection with the temperature since light produce heat. Good LED circuit driver have ability to adjust the temperature of the light correctly.
Know what you want to grow
Since there are lots of different types of lamps, especially those with the COB LED grow lights, it is very important to choose the right lamp for the right job. Namely, most of the COB LED lights are convenient for indoor use, but some of them are better to be used in places like green houses, gardens, and other. The best way to know how to choose the right COB LED light, is to know where it performs the best.
What about the cost?
Well, almost every COB LED light is high initial investment to begin with. But, if you look for more cost-efficient COB LED lights, then don’t look at the price, look for the ‘’power saving’’ features. Namely, there is a big number of COB LED lights that are expensive at the beginning, but turn out to be a pretty good investment at the end. The lamps with more lights and less power are definitely the best way to save a lot of money through the whole process, but in the end it they don’t cost a fortune per se.
COB vs. Other LED Grow lights
I guess you already know, how crazy I am about COB grow lights. However, it doesn’t mean I am being biased. For proving that I’m not biased and COB rocks, here is something that I hate to do!
Why do I hate? It because I like all kind of LED grow lights and respect their effort. But, COB is something that just touched my heart. So, that’s why I hate to make a comparison.
As you already know why I hate comparing COB with other grow lights. That’s why I’m doing it differently. I am not doing any head to head comparison. Instead, I’ll tell you about all the varieties pros and cons. So, you can keep gathering bits of knowledge without hating any grow light. So, let’s get into it!
HPS Grow light
HPS grow light one of the most famous grows light in the market. It is known for its perfect and stronger light intensity. It has short light spectrum, and it consumes high-heat. It is quite large. It can run up to fifty thousand hours. It isn’t that expensive. According to the price range, it is suitable for intermediates.
CMH grow light
When it comes to high indoor grow lights, CMH is something that we see in the list. It is known for its extended spectrum. But the light intensity of it isn’t that high. It doesn’t produce a massive amount of heat, but still, it’s quite big. The lifespan of it is around 20,000-25,000 hours which isn’t that bad. According to the pricing range, it’s also perfect for intermediates.
CFL grow light
When you’re looking for something within the low price, CFL grows lights are first in the list. It has low-level light-intensity and tiny light spectrum. As it sounds like less powerful, it produces less heat too. It is small in size. It can perform 7,000 to 12,000 hours. According to the price range and configuration, it’s good for small growers.
MH Grow light
Are you looking for something average? Then MH is something that suits your requirement. CMH doesn’t have deep light intensity, but it has a high light spectrum. It is large and consumes the right amount of energy. For a reason, the MH light produces more heat. It can run up to 12k to 17k hours. It’s available within an average price range.
COB Grow Light
COB light is something that suits all the growers who are looking for the best product of the market and ready to spend the right amount of bucks too. It provides higher-density light and pure full light spectrum as well. As COB is a modern lighting technology, it consumes and uses all the energy, and that’s why it produces less amount of heat. It’s small in size, but still, it has a fantastic lifespan of 50k to 60k hours. It is quite expensive but deserves every penny of the money.
Now, the ball is in your court. You decide, investing in a COB grow light is good or not!
Am I a hypocrite? Well, no! SMD light has some similarities with it, but COB is the updated version indeed. For saving all of you from buying SMD grow light by mistaken, I am writing this. Still, I don’t discourage people from getting SMD. SMD is good too. So, here are the differences between COB and SMD.
- COB has more LEDs in it which SMD doesn’t, even in the same size panel.
- COB light has higher intensity, more profound and stronger brightness in it.
- COB isn’t bulky where SMD is.
- COB produces less heat than SMD.
- SMD permits you to change the colors where COB doesn’t.
- SMD has a better spectrum and lightning coverage.
- SMD has better penetrate rate.
So, these are differences between COB and SMD. COB and SMD’s looks quite the same, and that’s where all the confusion starts. However, COB and SMD aren’t the same things. So, before getting a COB light check wisely.
In the light of everything we said above, we can only add that every one of these COB LED lights that we discussed are definitely worth the money and you can benefit a lot from them. Anyhow, the best way to know which one to choose is widely explained in our buying guide, so there should not be any problems with that.
However, if you plan on growing a cannabis plant, then having one of these lamps will definitely help. They all provide great treatment for the cannabis plants and they are all equally convenient for indoor use. With any complicated effort or troubles, you will be able to benefit a lot from the lamps that we discussed. Choose your favorite and get it now!
In the end, if you liked our article on Best Cob grow light, don’t forget to share it with your grower friends. Also, if you’ve any question regarding COB technology, don’t forget to ask us below!