When you are looking for higher efficiency in terms of energy and also want better yields at the end of the day, T5 Fluorescent Grow Lights are what you require. Lesser in cost than Metal halide lights and greater in efficiency, T5 Grow lights are the most soaring in the terms of sales as well as customer satisfaction.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why T5 grow lights?
- 2 Well, what to do? Just go and buy a T5 light?
- 3 Best Chart for T5 Grow Lights
- 4 The 10 Best T5 Grow Lights For Growing Cannabis Reviews
- 4.1 The Budget Saver- VIVOSUN 5 Packs T5 Fluorescent Grow Light Bulbs
- 4.2 High Powered – Agrobrite FLT44 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System
- 4.3 Daisy Chained Hydro Crunch T5 fluorescent 4ft 8 lamp grow light system
- 4.4 The Cloning Master – iPower 54W 4 Feet T5 Grow Light System with Stand Rack
- 4.5 All round Champ – DuroLux T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Bulbs
- 4.6 Powerful and Customizable – DuroLux T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Fluorescent Fixture
- 4.7 Branded Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign 4′ Foot 2 Bulb 54W
- 4.8 Lightweight And Chained – Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture
- 4.9 Customer’s Choice – DuroLux T5 HO Grow Light – 2 FT 6 Lamps – DL826S Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture
- 4.10 High Coverage – T5 Grow Light 8 lamp 54W Fluorescent HO Bulbs Included for Indoor Horticulture
- 5 FAQs
- 6 Our Word!
Why T5 grow lights?
Everybody looks for something better than the sophisticated products for the garden. So, times have changed now. Halide bulbs are no more a choice neither are the sodium lights because they are not that efficient in terms of energy usage and also give off less light than required.
T5 bulbs on the other hand are cheaper, more efficient and give off higher yields as compared to any other bulbs. Also they are installed with reflector hoods that increase the coverage to the maximum and increase results in terms of propagation and growth.
Well, what to do? Just go and buy a T5 light?
No way! As you go in the market you will see hundreds of brands each vowing that they are the best in business and have the best product. You will seriously go nuts at seeing all this!
Instead, there is a better option. Just go through this article and take a short glance at the best T5 lights and afterwards visit the following links.
Believe me, these T5 lights weren’t just picked up and placed here. They are actually the best you can get in very affordable prices and all have been approved by horticultural experts to be the best for your gardens.
Best Chart for T5 Grow Lights
The 10 Best T5 Grow Lights For Growing Cannabis Reviews
The Budget Saver- VIVOSUN 5 Packs T5 Fluorescent Grow Light Bulbs
- COOL, BALANCED LIGHT: Premium VIVOSUN T5 lamps emit a balanced red and orange spectrum at 3000K to enhance budding and fuel a bountiful harvest
- LONG LASTING: The average recommended usage life is well over 20,000 hours, exceeding the lifespan of almost any HID lamp
- GENTLE ON FOLIAGE: 54 Watt bulbs put out 5000 Lumens, nourishing tender buds and foliage safely even at close range and in cramped spaces
- ECONOMICAL: VIVOSUN T5 lamps are cost effective an efficient. Also, very low heat emissions reduce or eliminate the need for expensive ventilation and air conditioning
- HIGH QUALITY UNITS, GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE: VIVOSUN produces premium lamps backed by friendly and professional 24/7 after-sales support
With an average lifespan of 20000 hours and rated at 2000 lumens and temperatures of 6500K for vegetative phase and 3000K for flowering phase, VIVOSUN T5 fluorescent lights give full spectrum light including all colors and UV and Infrared radiations that are essential for plant growth and bacterial protection.
Also T5 fluorescent lights can help you a lot if you want to grow clones or seedlings at your plantation. So just give it a try and move a step closer towards an updated garden!
VIVOSUN T5 grow light bulbs are better than others in the market because
- They are less expensive.
- They are lightweight as compared.
- They have built in ventilation.
However, VIVOSUN T5 grow lights do fall short in the following areas
- They are lightweight so they are more fragile and more prone of getting damaged.
- They don’t include the fixtures so you need to buy them separately.
- Customers also complain that VIVOSUN T5 grow lights come without any warranty.
Tip of the product
High Powered – Agrobrite FLT44 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System
- 3"H x 13.5"W x 46"L
- Includes 10' grounded power cord
- Includes 4 6400K T5 Tubes
- Up to 20,000 Lumens
- Powder coated, steel housing
With maximized coverage due to steel housing and rated at 8000 lumens, Agrobrite T5 Fluorescent grow light system is one of the best of its kind.
Its light is quite powerful and can be made more efficient by using it with other setups to increase coverage. It is also an added feature that Agrobrite Fluorescence Light system is not that roomy and can fill up quite easily in your garden. So once you buy it, everything comes in order itself.
Agrobrite T5 fluorescent grow lights are very popular among customers due to the following reasons
- 5 year warranty is given on them.
- They do not require separate ventilation.
- T5 light bulbs are included in the package.
Though Agrobrite T5 Fluorescent grow lights are those you must be looking for in T5 lights, they sometimes linger due to the following problems
- The most important drawback of Agrobrite is that they don’t have full spectrum light so it means once you are using them, then you are definitely compromising something from nutrition of your plants.
- As the bulbs are of higher energy, they are also prone to burn out more quickly than others.
- Agrobrite T5 fluorescent grow lights don’t come with a timer.
Either way, there are a lot more T5 lights to come too!
Daisy Chained Hydro Crunch T5 fluorescent 4ft 8 lamp grow light system
- 95% highly reflective aluminum reflector for maximum light output
- 8 x 6400K lamps included
- 8 ft. 120-Volt power cord that plugs into a standard outlet
- Bulbs included (54-Watt each)
- Daisy chain-able feature (up to 3 fixtures per outlet)
Equipped with 54 watts bulbs each with 5000 lumen and daisy chainable feature that can connect as many bulbs in a linkage as per your requirements, Hydro Crunch T5 Fluorescent bulbs are a delight to have!
To cover a wider area and maximum coverage, they have bulbs that are equally spaced and give off light equally in all directions. Also they have spectrum light of up till 6500K that provides perfect light for vegetative cycle.
Hydro Crunch T5 Fluorescent bulbs have a variety of value added features. A few of which are as follows
- They are equipped with 95% Aluminum reflectors that give off maximum light as well as increase coverage.
- They are also equipped with dual switches each for inner and outer bulbs to save power when lesser light is required.
- They are also highly efficient on low voltage as they can operate when the voltage is a low as 120 Volts.
As every product Hydro Crunch T5 fluorescent lights have their own cons too.
- They need extra ventilation or cooling system as they have aluminum reflectors that give off light in multiple directions.
- They also have high temperature which is suitable for vegetative phase but not okay for flowering phase.
The Cloning Master – iPower 54W 4 Feet T5 Grow Light System with Stand Rack
- PERFECT FOR INDOOR PLANTS: Light system for starting seeds, propagating cuttings and growing indoor flowers and houseplants
- EASILY ADJUSTABLE AND STURDY: Feather-Touch height-adjustment mechanism raises or lowers fixture easily, whole frame is made of metal and very sturdy
- PREMIUM QUALITY UL/CSA LISTED: T5 high output fluorescent fixture with wide reflector and one T5 bulb provides maximum coverage
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: high output full daylight spectrum bulb and super reflective internal finish, 6' grounded cord with On/Off switch
- Measures approximately 50 by 18-1/2 by 30 Inch, Super easy assembly, Warranty: 1 year
Looking for light system for germination phase, cloning, cuttings and growing indoor houseplants?
iPower 54W is what you need. It uses FeatherTouch height adjustment mechanism to lower or increase the height of the rack which makes it easier to deploy at place of usage.
It is equipped with a wide reflector for maximum coverage and has its output of 6500K light spectrum.
In short iPower is the ideal T5 grow light fixture for your garden which is highly recommended by horticulturists for all phases of germination, vegetation and flowering alike. Just visit the link below and enjoy the product!
iPower 54W T5 Grow Light System has a wide range of specifications that make it one of the best sellers in market. A few of them are
- It is very easy to assemble as it is lightweight and also includes a buyer’s guide for assembly.
- It is very ideal for working with cuttings and clones as it propagates plants growth.
- Unlike many other lights, it has full spectrum daylight that fulfills all the nutritional requirements of a plant.
iPower 54W T5 Grow Light System has its cons as well which are not that alarming but still are noticeable.
- Customers are of a review that it is quite fragile and bulbs burn out quickly too.
- It also gives off comparatively less light as compared to other T5 lights,
- It is also noticed that it can’t be hung or placed in any other way except horizontally.
All round Champ – DuroLux T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Bulbs
- HIGH LIGHT OUTPUT: 20000 Lumen, Professional Grow Lighting System, 95% Reflectivity German Hammer-tone Reflector. 30% more light output vs comparable systems
- ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Qty4 6500K 4ft Lamps, Hanging hooks and chains, 8 FT Power cord
- OUTLET ON FIXTURE - Power up to 5 fixtures off one wall outlet - less clutter, more convenience
- FLEXIBLE LIGHT OUTPUT: 2 switches on body allow for step dimming - one for inner 2 bulbs, another for outer 2 bulbs
- SAFE OPERATION: Rated for operation in Wet/Damp environments. Has Made-In-Italy AAG Stucchi lampholder with I certificate to prevent fire if tubes get loosed during operation, UL/CUL safety approved. 5 year warranty
Equipped with a German hammertone reflector and twice as powerful as its counterpart of 2 ft, T5 grow light DL844 is one of the most demanded light at present. With its super powerful lights rated at 20000 lumen and two power switches to control inner and outer bulbs, it makes sure that you get the maximum light output and wide coverage area too.
When we say T5 Grow light DL844 is the best then it means it has something what others lack. Here are a few of them
- It is very powerful at the rating of 20000 lumens.
- In germination phase, it is very helpful because it gives off warmth too.
- If you are working with clones, then our horticulturists highly recommend it!
T5 Grow light DL844 is quite good but has slight issues which are not functional though.
- It has no warranty for its usage.
- It is not full spectrum so while usage something is likely to be missed out.
- It does need extra ventilation because operation at 20000 lumens caused it to release heat which is good during germination but not required afterwards.
Powerful and Customizable – DuroLux T5 Grow Light (2ft 4lamps) DL824 Fluorescent Fixture
- HIGH LIGHT OUTPUT: 10,000 lumens - Professional Grow Lighting System - 95% Reflectivity German Hammer-tone Reflector - 30% more light than comparable light systems
- ALL ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: Qty4 2ft 6500K Lamps, Hanging hooks and chains, Power cord
- Outlet on fixture - Power up to 12 fixtures off one wall outlet - less clutter, more convenience
- FLEXIBLE LIGHT OUTPUT: 2 switches on body, one for inner 2 bulbs, another for outer 2 bulbs
- SAFE OPERATION: Fixture is UL/CUL safety approved. Designed to operate in Wet/Damp Environments, water resistant. Has made-In-italy AAG Stucchi Lampholder with I certificate to prevent fire if tubes get loosed during operation, 5 year warranty
This fixture includes 4 T5 bulbs, each of them 2 ft. long in length and having an exuberant power of 10000 lumens. The company installs German hammertone reflective at an angle of 95% that gives off 30% more light than the usual T5 lights in the market. 2ft. T5 bulbs are the same in features to their 4ft. bulbs as they also can be linked together in chains as well as they have two power switches, each for outer bulbs and inner bulbs. T5 grow light DL824 bulbs are very commonly used in gardens of smaller size and have an immense coverage due to the reflectors.
T5 grow light DL824s are very popular among their customers due to some reasons which even the critics don’t deny. Read them and head straight to the buying link!
- In a length of just 2ft., they have an immense power of 10000 lumens.
- They have wide coverage already due to German Hammertone reflectors and it can be increased even more by joining fixtures together by chain linkages.
- If you want to use them for even a bigger garden, don’t go and buy the 4ft. ones; because, they are customizable for both 4ft. and 2ft. bulbs at the same time.
T5 grow light DL824s also have their shortcomings, though not that serious but still are.
- They can be only mounted horizontally so that’s an issue when you don’t have much horizontal space.
- Some buyers had issues with broken bulbs due to burning out and afterwards delayed customer service.
But still, if I would be buying, I would definitely go for these!
Branded Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign 4′ Foot 2 Bulb 54W
- 1 - Apollo Horticulture Purple Reign 4' Foot 2 Bulb Jump Start T5 Fixture
- Dimension - Entire Fixture: 50" x 34" x 19" / Hood: 46.5" x 5" x 2.5"
- Specs - Bulbs: 54W 6400K each / Fixture: 79 W / 118 Volts / .67 Amps
- Easily Adjustable to obtain the MAX lumens needed for your plants / 54W 6400K Bulb provides effective lighting as it mimics Daylight at High Noon.
- Package Includes: 1 - T5 Jump Start Fixture / 2 - 54W T5 Bulb
A brand name as prestigious as Apollo, a power of 54 watts, 4850 lumens per bulb, color temperature of 6400K and 2700K available in a pack of 5 bulbs all together in such a low price means a perfect deal for your garden! They all have an excellent coverage which can be further increased by adding reflectors and placing them at specific angles.
Now what you need to do? Just follow the link below and buy these super-efficient lights in a click!
Apollo is a world famous brand name and their products always edge over other manufacturers for some very wonderful features. A few for T5 lights are mentioned below.
- One thing that comes the foremost is the price. The Apollo T5 lights are by far the cheapest among the others while they ensure quality too.
- Secondly, they are made by Apollo and it means they are the best in quality.
- Lastly, the manufacturers haven’t compromised on quality no matter what it is!
So what are you waiting for? Just visit the following link and start brandishing your garden!
Though it is a famous brand but still Apollo T5 lights have some cons you need to take into account.
- Apollo doesn’t offer any warranty on these bulbs.
- Sometimes due to high power, these bulbs burn out quickly.
- They don’t include some hood or ballast with them.
Anyways, just go on with these!
Lightweight And Chained – Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture
- These fixtures include electronic ballast, 6400K lamp, power cord, jumper plug with both hanging and flat surface mounting clips
- SunBlaster T5HO fixtures link together, regardless of length, to a maximum of 8 single power cords
- The NanoTech reflector was designed using Nanotechnology to produce the ultimate in a reflective surface
- This revolutionary reflector can increase lumen availability by as much as 300% and is now included
- The 18" fixture was designed specifically to fit the NanoDome
You have a relatively bigger garden? You want it to be installed with grow lights and are searching for the right one? Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 fixture is the best choice for you.
With its ability to be chained together into linkages to as much as 8 in a row and with increased coverage due to NanoTech technology used in the reflectors manufacturing, they are what you should buy. Believe me, they have the best lumens output too!
They have a very long list of pros to be honest while a few are mentioned below.
- They are extremely lightweight so you won’t have any trouble moving or displacing them.
- They have very reflective surface developed by NanoTech which gives out maximized lumen output.
- They can all be linked together into linkages to as many as 8 bulbs in a row which is a value added feature!
Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 fixture have its cons too which are listed below.
- They are no doubt very efficient but they are a bit expensive too.
- They are good if you have a long garden but not good if you have a big garden with not much length.
- As they are quite efficient in giving out high lumens of light, so they also give off considerable heat. This is why you may require ventilation or cooling system for them.
Customer’s Choice – DuroLux T5 HO Grow Light – 2 FT 6 Lamps – DL826S Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture
- 15000 lumens powerful grow system
- 95% Reflective German hammertone reflectors. 30% more light than comparable light systems
- Outlet on Fixture - Daisy chain up to 7 fixtures - less clutter, more convenience
- 1 On/off switch controls inner 2 bulbs. 1 on/off switch controls outer 4 bulbs
- Fixture is UL/CUL listed
Equipped with 95% German hammertone reflectors and having an output of 15000 lumens, DuroLux T5 grow lights enjoy a lot of customers’ appreciation. They can also be chained up to 7 bulbs together in a linkage with the Daisy chain feature. It has 2 bulbs on the inside and 4 bulbs on the outside, each controlled by separate switches.
It is also lightweight as compared to other T5 lights and thus is installed more easily. The bulbs used in it give off light up to 6500K spectrum.
DuroLux T5 DL826S lights are feature enriched and have a vast customer satisfaction due to the following reasons
- They are 30% less in weight so can be installed much easily than other T5 grow lights.
- They are especially designed to work equally well in dry and wet conditions due to water resistant technology used in them.
- The most attractive attribute is the warranty. Whereas most companies don’t provide warranty at all on T5 grow lights but DuroLux has given a lucrative warranty of 5 years on them.
Despite being so phenomenal in features, they do have some drawbacks.
- A power of 15000 lumens and 6500K light spectrum means a considerable amount of heat is produced during their operation which needs to be lowered by ventilation or cooling system.
- Customers have issues with their bulbs too of being too tight and lesser in lifespan as they burn out more quickly.
- Another issue was the bulbs giving off too much heat which was not desirable in flowering stage.
Anyways these are one of the very best T5 I could find for you. So, just give them a try!
High Coverage – T5 Grow Light 8 lamp 54W Fluorescent HO Bulbs Included for Indoor Horticulture
- UL ETL Listed
- 95% reflective aluminum reflectors
- Hangs 3 ways-overhead, vertical or horizontal
- High performance faceted secular aluminum for better light distribution
- Unique lamp spacing to provide more space coverage and light distribution
Sometimes a bulb is too good but the only issue that arises is the coverage. Or, once the coverage is fine, the bulb has lesser power. It is annoying especially for a buyer but we have what you are searching.
Unique spacing between the bulbs as well as especially designed aluminum reflector hood and 54W power bulbs giving off 6500K light spectrum make T5 Grow Light 8 lamp 54W Fluorescent HO Bulbs what a horticulturist always dreams of.
They are also very unique due the fact that they are designed as such so that they can be placed anyway either horizontally or vertically and can be hanged as well when required. It also has dual switches to control 4 inner and 4 outer bulbs so that they may be turned on/off as desired.
T5 Grow Light 8 lamp 54W Fluorescent HO Bulbs have a lot of interesting features that attract sales. A few of them are
- They are designed as such that they can be hung in three ways; horizontal, vertical and overhead.
- They have especially designed aluminum reflectors and unique line spacing for maximum coverage and thus promote growth in all phases.
- They also have been installed with louvers that make the tubes cool during functioning.
T5 Grow Light 8 lamp 54W Fluorescent HO Bulbs have their own demerits as well that affect sales
- They need separate ventilation or cooling system because reflectors increase the amount of heat to be produced considerably.
- They are also experienced by the users to be fragile and the bulbs burn out more quickly than other T5 light bulbs.
- There also have been issues of slow customer service as well as maintenance problems during usage.
A: Is it necessary to have a separate cooling or ventilation system?
Q: It’s not necessary but it is recommended to have a separate cooling or ventilation system especially if you have lights with high lumen output.
A: Which is the best position for lights for maximized results?
Q: Horticulturists are of the opinion that it is better if you hang lights overhead the plants because it gives off regular and uniform light to all plants.
A: How to add more coverage to the lights?
Q: To add more coverage use reflective hoods that spread light in all directions. If you want to add more coverage use specialized walls of reflective materials.
A: What is the average lifespan of T5 lights?
Q: T5 lights have a good lifespan and on average can stay for 20000 hours minimum.
Now once you have gone through all the T5 lights that are trending in market as well as are better in quality than others, you may have noticed that no two lights are alike in the above list. All of them are distinct and considerably different from each other. So when you are buying you have to take into account various factors involved that are
- Budget: All lights come in different prices and can vary from cheap to expensive.
- Size: You have to take into account what is the size of bulbs required by you according to your need and gardens size.
- Features: Look for the features that suit you the most even if they are more expensive.
- Existing Lights: Always install those lights in your garden that increase the capacity of your existing lights and work well under them. Avoid using lights that retard growth or affect other light’s performance.
- Manufacturer: Always go for a brand that has a history of customer satisfaction and also has a variety of products available. Apollo or DuroLux can prove to be good choices.
|1||Hydrofarm Agrobrite FLT48 T5 Fluorescent Grow Light System, 4 Foot, 8 Tube||1,089 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|2||DoubleLux DL8048 T5 Flourescent 4ft 8 Lamps with 6500K and 40000 Lumen Grow Light System 8 tubes...||36 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|3||Hydroplanet T5 4ft 8lamp Fluorescent Ho Bulbs Included for Indoor Horticulture Gardening T5 Grow...||590 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|4||Lightingwise 4 FT 6500K T5 HO Fluorescent Grow Light Bulbs - Pack of 1,4,8,20,40 (8, 6500k - blue -...||72 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|
|5||T5 Grow Light (4ft 4lamps) DL844s Ho Fluorescent Hydroponic Fixture Bloom Veg Daisy Chain with Bulbs||544 Reviews on Amazon||Buy on Amazon|